Jun 24, 2012
AEF
image.gif

GDT_1.png

GDT2.png

GDT3_1.png

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I understand why he's keeping the same lineup but I don't think it would have been a bad idea to swap out Marincin for Corrado/Polak and Arcobello for Grabner.

Not a big deal I guess.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I understand why he's keeping the same lineup but I don't think it would have been a bad idea to swap out Marincin for Corrado/Polak and Arcobello for Grabner.

Not a big deal I guess.

I feel the same. Arcobello was pretty invisible, and Grabner might fight his way onto the 1st or 2nd line at some point. I want to see him play.

But I guess Babcock knows what he's doing a bit more than I do.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Not a big deal I guess.

I understand your point, but I think they'll not make those kind of changes based on only one game. If Marincin and Arcobello continues playing bad through the weekend, we'll see changes.

I think they want Corrado to get time enough to learn the system first.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I feel the same. Arcobello was pretty invisible, and Grabner might fight his way onto the 1st or 2nd line at some point. I want to see him play.

But I guess Babcock knows what he's doing a bit more than I do.

I think they were both pretty meh at 5v5 during the preseason. Grabner is really good on the PK and Arcobello is very useful on the PP.

But we have a lot of PKers and could use some offensive help. I think that's the reasoning.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I think they were both pretty meh at 5v5 during the preseason. Grabner is really good on the PK and Arcobello is very useful on the PP.

But we have a lot of PKers and could use some offensive help. I think that's the reasoning.

I hadn't considered that. Usually the Leafs are starved for players that can play the penalty kill. But right now we do have a capable bunch. Winnik and Spaling did a nice job from what I saw, I think that is going to be Spaling's niche.

I'm far from complaining about a coaching decision, at this point. Babcock had the team playing a well organized, team game in the opener. If this group of misfits and entitled-longtime-leafs can be made to play like a cohesive and competitive unit, then I will have no complaints about the coach. Just excited to see Grabner, I guess.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
i'd like to see Corrado in for Marincin and Grabner in for Parenteau.

Hopefully soon

Parenteau was pretty solid in the opener. I'm not sure why you're taking him out of the lineup for Grabner of all players.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa

Not a big deal I guess.

this is what I would have done as well. Marincin just looked big and clumsy to me Wednesday night. Maybe we'll see a little tinkering in the lineup on saturday

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I understand your point, but I think they'll not make those kind of changes based on only one game. If Marincin and Arcobello continues playing bad through the weekend, we'll see changes.

I think they want Corrado to get time enough to learn the system first.

this is what I would have done as well. Marincin just looked big and clumsy to me Wednesday night. Maybe we'll see a little tinkering in the lineup on saturday

It was reported that Polak will get back in the lineup Saturday (pre-planned with the back 2 back).

We'll see.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Parenteau was pretty solid in the opener. I'm not sure why you're taking him out of the lineup for Grabner of all players.

Back to back games this weekend, I'm sure there will be some changes on Saturday. I think they already said that Reimer starts Saturday.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

I expect Polak to dress for sure on Sat verses Sens.

Frankie Corrado will be in there soon enough, but I can see Babcock wanting him to first get some system and structure down in practice before tossing him in and then telling him what he is doing wrong.

Marincin is still pretty raw as well in inexperience at the NHL level and will need more seasoning to get more comfortable.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I just hope they put in the effort they did on Wednesday, if they lose every game with that type of effort I'd take that as a huge step forward from the crap we saw last year.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Richards with Tatar and Nyquist? Are they going to wear weights so they're slow enough for him to keep up? Is he going to play like a midfielder and cover centre ice when they're way, way ahead of him in the fun zone? Should be interesting to watch.

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
Richards with Tatar and Nyquist? Are they going to wear weights so they're slow enough for him to keep up? Is he going to play like a midfielder and cover centre ice when they're way, way ahead of him in the fun zone? Should be interesting to watch.

They actually had some serious chemistry during the preseason.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
I expect Polak to dress for sure on Sat verses Sens.

Frankie Corrado will be in there soon enough, but I can see Babcock wanting him to first get some system and structure down in practice before tossing him in and then telling him what he is doing wrong.

Marincin is still pretty raw as well in inexperience at the NHL level and will need more seasoning to get more comfortable.

yes I agree with letting Corrado get settled in/used to the system. I'm excited to see him play.

hopefully Marincin can bounce back a bit tonight. Maybe just nerves, he looked a little tentative. Needs to play a little more assertively

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
I just hope they put in the effort they did on Wednesday, if they lose every game with that type of effort I'd take that as a huge step forward from the crap we saw last year.

Agreed. At times, I forgot I was watching the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad