Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Pens vs. Sens (Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think it was their checking line. Smith Neil and some other mouth breather?

Thanks. I'd give Sid at least another game with Dupes and Iggy. If Iggy is still routinely losing board battles, then a change of lines is needed for sure.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Possibly. If Morrow continues to be all but useless, I could see Bylsma making a switch to Bennett or Jokinen.

RazorRamon12

Jul 8, 2004
Why are we changing the lines after a win? Not quite understanding the logic. Give Sid another game to see if he can make things work with Dupuis and Iggy.

This is what I don't understand. Why mess with it. Wait for it to go bad if it does then make the change. Why why why why would you change anything after a win. I thought hockey players/coaches were superstitious and you don't change a winning lineup.

Not a valid argument, but since Bylsma makes no sense sometimes I figured picking a nonsensical line of thought would appeal to him as he reads HF.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Who would you put him in for? Or did you just mean at some point in the near future when things aren't going as peachy.

I didn't think he should come out for Kennedy at the time. I realized that worked, but I didn't think Bennett had earned a seat. If that's the standard we're going for, I think he should replace Morrow.

Now, I might slot Morrow back in against the Ranger or Bruins, should the Penguins be lucky enough to make it that far, but his lack of speed is really noticeable against teams that can skate.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
This is what I don't understand. Why mess with it. Wait for it to go bad if it does then make the change. Why why why why would you change anything after a win. I thought hockey players/coaches were superstitious and you don't change a winning lineup.

Not a valid argument, but since Bylsma makes no sense sometimes I figured picking a nonsensical line of thought would appeal to him as he reads HF.

Agreed, should be Duper-Sid-Iggy and Koon-Geno-Nealer until that lineup starts losing (if ever). I thought Duper-Sid-Iggy looked quite good in games 5 and 6 of the islanders series, they struggled in game 1 against th Sens but that was likely Sid having a bad game. Even after he was swapped back with Koon and Dupers, Sid still didn't play well at all.

Sid will bounce back in game 2 I'm sure, but the point is Bylsma switched the lines for no reason, and we didn't score any more ES goals after that moment.

insomniac34

Mar 31, 2010
Hey guys whats going on in this thr

Neal-Malkin-Iginla COULD work if either Neal and Iginla pick up their ...

UgI0NF3.gif

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Going to the game. I'm about 1-134 all-time in playoff games. One of the few I can remember being at and winning was the Game 6 vs the Devils, aka the Jagr game. Last time I went against the Sens in the playoffs, Elliot and Fleury let in 9 goals in under 50 shots. I'm expecting 8-3 Sens.

joe_shannon_1983*

Vokoun isn't elite. But he won't lose games for a team.

The moment Fleury was yanked from the crease was the moment the Penguins became the overwhelming favourite in the East once again.

You all realize that the Islanders series would have only lasted 4-5 games if Vokoun had have been the starter all along?

Also...

You all realize that a steady goaltender like Vokoun was all the Penguins would have needed in 2012 in order to beat Philadelphia and make a long playoff run?

Fleury is GARBAGE!!!

He posts playoff GAA and SV% numbers WORSE than even the worst playoff goaltenders of the 1980's, which was the most offensively-driven and goaltending-rotten era of hockey history.

This 4.00+ GAA and sub-0.900 SV% nonsense was terrible in the 1980's, let alone now.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Really . . . don't you have a life? :razz:

Yes, I have a line. What kind of insulting question is that? I live my line every day. Come on, dude. I know this gets heated, but there's no need to make it personal. You live your line, I'll live my line.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yes, I have a line. What kind of insulting question is that? I live my line every day. Come on, dude. I know this gets heated, but there's no need to make it personal. You live your line, I'll live my line.

I really don't think your allusions to snorting coffee grounds is age appropriate for this board. :rant:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Vokoun isn't elite. But he won't lose games for a team.

The moment Fleury was yanked from the crease was the moment the Penguins became the overwhelming favourite in the East once again.

You all realize that the Islanders series would have only lasted 4-5 games if Vokoun had have been the starter all along?

Also...

You all realize that a steady goaltender like Vokoun was all the Penguins would have needed in 2012 in order to beat Philadelphia and make a long playoff run?

Fleury is GARBAGE!!!

He posts playoff GAA and SV% numbers WORSE than even the worst playoff goaltenders of the 1980's, which was the most offensively-driven and goaltending-rotten era of hockey history.

This 4.00+ GAA and sub-0.900 SV% nonsense was terrible in the 1980's, let alone now.

Great now you're on our board too. This team isn't winning **** unless Fleury rebounds and plays like he did in 09.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Great now you're on our board too. This team isn't winning **** unless Fleury rebounds and plays like he did in 09.

The somewhat over the top post that invited your response notwithstanding, I don't know that I'm buying that the Pens aren't winning **** without Fleury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad