Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Pens vs. Sens (Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Boy would it be nice to see the boys grab a 2-0 series lead. The Isles made it a series by going home with a split. I don't think we need a remarkable performance to steal a win on Friday, just a steady one.

Go Pens!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Let's start this bad boy up.

1. God bless you, Cole. :D

2. Really interested to see how what I saw in game one as the Pens two huge matchup advantages (special teams and the Sens not having a guy who can matchup with Malkin like Carolina in 2009) play out. Paul MacLean is an excellent coach. I expect adjustments. BUT, these are things that are beyond his control.

3. Will hold off ******** about the lines until Bylsma gives us reason to ***** tomorrow morning. :p:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Hey, Dying Alive, thanks for the Disco recap, bruh

LITSO: I apologize for Kirk. We're actually the same person. I'm bipolar. Kirk is my pre-medicated account.

LGP

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If we can win the 2nd game after Ottawa have made their adjustments to try and win against us then I'd be very confident of the Series ending in 5 or less.

LGP6687

Apr 3, 2013
Only way we'll win is if we're ready to adjust to their adjustments, and Pens come to play and win instead of hotdogging.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I saw barely any intensity ....hard hits...from the sens. Team didn't really show up IMO. This game they will. This game will give us a better idea how this series is gonna go.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I just hope that for once we take the time off and really refine our game. I want to see them come out the next game like it is a game 7. Win it, put all the pressure on the Sens when they head back home... Do not give them hope at all....

mgd525

May 18, 2007
We will know after game 2 if this team learned its lesson after one game in a series. I really think it just boils down to effort level and minor coaching adj. It's honestly a big if however. We thought the penguins learned from the last 4 years after the first Isles game. Then they come out flat and play like its preseason. Effor is really the only thing needed o beat this Sens team. They have a really good goalie and some good looking young players and that's it. The Sens would have been out in the first round imo if they faced any team other than a Habs team that was playing like **** for over a month now.

On a side note Neal's injury imo isn't good enough for him to play on it....atleast I hope that's his problem. If it is he NEEDS to sit because we will need him at a later date for sure.

My final thought, thank god Shero signed Vokoun or we would already be out of the playoffs again. It's nice to see this team with good goaltending for the first time in 4 years.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
I predict Vokoun has an off night and Fleury relieves him in the 2nd. It will be 4-1 Sens at that point, game will end at 4-3, but Fleury's confidence will be renewed.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
I get knots in my stomach every time I see that jerk... you-know-who's... face. I hate that guy. I don't even wanna talk about it.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Thing is, Ottawa is the most penalized, and the team that gets the most penalties for it through this point in the playoffs...They played on the edge vs the Canadians, they have against the pens the last couple times they played too. Its hard to see them staying composed enough to stay out of the box. 5 on 5, they may have a chance of stealing one or two games early in this series... but their PP is bad and the pens PP is great.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Pointless to complain about but I hate the two day wait in between games. LA/SJ plays again tomorrow, it sucks that we have to wait an extra day. And should this series go the distance that's going to happen twice. Blah.

StoneColdFlower*

Pointless to complain about but I hate the two day wait in between games. LA/SJ plays again tomorrow, it sucks that we have to wait an extra day. And should this series go the distance that's going to happen twice. Blah.

The scheduling for this series has been truly bizarre with the multiple two day gaps and the lack of a Saturday HNIC game for the only Canadian team left in the POs. Works in my favour though, as I have a long work day on Saturday followed by a house party that I'd feel really bad about blowing off.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
The scheduling for this series has been truly bizarre with the multiple two day gaps and the lack of a Saturday HNIC game for the only Canadian team left in the POs. Works in my favour though, as I have a long work day on Saturday followed by a house party that I'd feel really bad about blowing off.

How to stretch a 4 game series out over two weeks?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Could really use Vokoun stealing this one. Would be so beautiful and something we just aren't used to seeing. But... Game 2s have been out downfall.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
A fan move that makes you want to stab your eyes out.

'Let's Go Pens!' manscaped out of chest and belly hair.

Screen-Shot-2013-05-14-at-8.04.03-PM-628x438.png

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Could really use Vokoun stealing this one. Would be so beautiful and something we just aren't used to seeing. But... Game 2s have been out downfall.

Expect desperation from the Senators. As if this were an elimination game. Because in my opinion if they lose it basically is.

Yeah, we saw Washington blow a two game to none lead against the Rangers. But that is not the norm. The Sens do not want to go home in the position of having to win 4 of the remaining 5 against this team.

The Pens better be ready for the best Ottawa can, and will, bring.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
this is a huge game for the whole POs. a win could lead to a short series and much needed rest for the winner of the NYR/BOS series, which hopefully is a slug fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad