GDT: Game 2 | New York Rangers @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Congrats to Vincent on his 1st NHL win
Congrats to Jiricek on his 1st goal/point
Congrats to Jenner on the hat trick
Congrats to Proporov on his 1st 2 points as a Jacket.
Congrats to both goalies. Both played well. Tough for Martin having to come in cold in the 3rd, knowing Rangers would be coming out flying being down a couple.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Better performance vs better team. Looking at the shot totals, it's not quite a playoff worthy performance yet, but very happy that my eyes didnt hurt watching.

Gudbransson is easily the worst Dman in the current lineup. Nothing would raise Vincent stocks more than benching Gud and keeping both Jiricek and Boqvist in the lineup when Werenski returns.

Reactions: majormajor

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Nice pushback from our local heroes
One would expect a push by the Rangers
Nice answer and a nice way to close out a game
They are young and learning
It’s a nice step forward

Reactions: Ippenator

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Lines are excellent. Still Chinakhov to the third line and Voronkov to the fourth.
I think PP Units were goof and hope they will have the same time. Only instead Severson - Boqvist, please.
System is good I think play will be better and better.

Last edited:
Reactions: LJ7

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Lines are excellent. Still Chinakhov to the third line and Voronkov to the fourth.
I think PP Units were goof and hope they will have the same time. Only instead Severely Príborov, please.
System is good I think play will be better and better.
There was basically no 4th line in the 3rd period. Kuraly played on PK and made a few cameos. Foudy and Olivier were MIA, not that I’m complaining.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
People reading too much into shot totals. The huge disparity is largely because we turtled in the 3rd and got outshot 17-2.

Yeah, that was a really bad period but I don't believe it would've looked anything like that if they didn't have a 3 goal lead to begin it. I think Elvis having to leave the game also had an effect. Anyway goals for 3rd were 1-1 so it worked out fine... but while I'm sure they were OK with being outshot in the 3rd, I don't think the plan was to give up like 30 shot attemps while having like 2 yourself. :D

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Shots still most definitely matter. This team will lose 90% of the leads if they turtle and go -15 shots/period. Not a valid strategy to hold a lead.
Its not but its amazing how often pretty much every team does it with a multi goal lead. You know teams will push so it would be cool of we had more of a counter punch game to make them pay for their aggression. Atleast Danforth got 1 that way I guess

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
There was basically no 4th line in the 3rd period. Kuraly played on PK and made a few cameos. Foudy and Olivier were MIA, not that I’m complaining.
I'm not even surprised with a game like that. I understand Oliviers, he's coming off an injury, and so...

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
People reading too much into goals scored. They make people happy, but it's not like they determine the game or anything.... Oh.... wait..... ;)

Reactions: Ippenator

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Its not but its amazing how often pretty much every team does it with a multi goal lead. You know teams will push so it would be cool of we had more of a counter punch game to make them pay for their aggression. Atleast Danforth got 1 that way I guess
I feel like teams mostly start doing it on last 5-10mins. Still not a fan of it, but it kinda makes sense at that point. Doing it for whole 20mins goes too far to be intentional in my eyes

But it's game 2 and Rangers are a contending team so it's not anything I'm losing my mind over. I just noted it and hope to see improvements at least against low- to midtable teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad