GDT: Game 2: Lightning at Blackhawks | Oct. 5, 2013 | 7:00 PM CT | CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
I have to say, it's really nice seeing all the haters come out now that the game is tied and the world is ending.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I can't really say that 2 goals on 14 shots is 6 million dollar's worth of performance...

The PP goal was hardly his fault (we still aren't extending enough and pressuring the puck enough) as the PK was brutal yet again, but the first one definitely was. Initially it looked like Crow was lazy in thinking Keith was going to get the puck, then he missed what should have been a fairly routine glove save.

Nothingman*

Bishop has been really good tonight. TB can thank him for the point.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I have to say, it's really nice seeing all the haters come out now that the game is tied and the world is ending.

I'm assuming I'm one of the haters.

We played a great first period, then got on cruise control and made some brutal mistakes. The cruise control part particularly irritates me as this is the 2nd game of the year after 3 full days off and they have another 3 full days off before their next game. There's no excuse for that.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Such an unnecessary position to be in. The Hawks should've won this in regulation.

Definitely. Not a very good effort here in the OT. We just look lazy. If we're tired I'm not really sure how or why.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
Such an unnecessary position to be in. The Hawks should've won this in regulation.

True but how many times did we say that last year too? It sucks but that just seems to be this team's MO. If it means another successful season then I'll deal but you're right, it's frustrating as hell.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
For sure. Especially with 20 more shots in the game. But sometimes you run into a hot goaltender.

:rolleyes:

This game has nothing to do with a "hot" goaltender. We missed on several primo chances that had nothing to do with the goalie; sometimes that happens. But then we give up a brutal goal (Crows fault), followed by an inexplicable penalty by our captain that led to the other.

What really killed this team though is that they went on obvious cruise control from the 2nd period on. We quit attacking the puck in the defensive zone which led to several easy zone entries and even more extended possessions. In a 2 goal game you can't go on cruise control as all it takes is one goal to tie the game.

We are at the start of the season, with a game sandwiched between several off days. Play hard for 60 minutes. We didn't and it will likely cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad