GDT: Game 2: Lightning at Blackhawks | Oct. 5, 2013 | 7:00 PM CT | CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
:shakehead

Annoying loss to say the least. Every team will have this inexplicable loss of the season and hopefully the Hawks got there's out of the way. Shake it off and move on and give St. Louis the blues.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
It was a GOOD loss b/c we outplayed them badly, but disappointing loss.

It wasn't a good loss. Is it better that we lost due to the things we can control versus looking like we got outmatched? Sure, fundamentally speaking. But losing games you had in had due to a lack of effort and focus down the stretch (really the last 2 periods) just shouldn't happen (even though it does and it will again).

Funny thing is outside of Toews (who was bad), Crawford (on the goal and SO), and Bollig (the last two periods he really looked bad) I didn't think there were a lot of individually bad performances (Kruger on the draws :(). We just laid down as a team, especially in the third period. Hard to stomach with this much time before and after the game.

The Hawks really need to come out and play hard for 60 minutes on Wed (edit). If they cruise the last two periods like they did tonight they'll get run out of the building.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
They need to knock it off with the cute passing plays and shoot the damn puck. We pass and pass and pass and pass and take a poor shot once everyone is winded- someone needs to man up and take a bad shot right away so at least our guys have something left in the tank to cash in on a rebound here and there.

Saad got robbed a couple times... but mostly we were too cute, especially on the power play. When are they going to learn noone is going to just give us a nice look on the strong side. Our blue liners need to shoot, and we need to stop looking for that ****** cross ice one timer to Sharp- the book was out on that three years ago. Get some movement out there for crying out loud.

Nothingman*

They need to knock it off with the cute passing plays and shoot the damn puck. We pass and pass and pass and pass and take a poor shot once everyone is winded- someone needs to man up and take a bad shot right away so at least our guys have something left in the tank to cash in on a rebound here and there.

Saad got robbed a couple times... but mostly we were too cute, especially on the power play. When are they going to learn noone is going to just give us a nice look on the strong side. Our blue liners need to shoot, and we need to stop looking for that ****** cross ice one timer to Sharp- the book was out on that three years ago. Get some movement out there for crying out loud.

Amen.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
lolz...

This board never disappoints.

We controlled about 63 minutes of game play tonight and out shot them 39-16, yet there's issues apparently.

It's hockey. Games like this happen.

There's 80 more to go so some of you better pace yourselves.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
had people over so only partially paid attention to the game.

how did leddy look? from what i saw he was pretty invisible...but, like i said, i wasn't paying a ton of attention.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I see Kostka was playing for you guys tonight. Have you guys discovered how bad he is yet or is he being covered up by the good team he plays for?

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
had people over so only partially paid attention to the game.

how did leddy look? from what i saw he was pretty invisible...but, like i said, i wasn't paying a ton of attention.

I thought he was great.

I see Kostka was playing for you guys tonight. Have you guys discovered how bad he is yet or is he being covered up by the good team he plays for?

I'm not a fan of his at all, but he looked pretty good tonight.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Missed tonight's game, and will be missing their next 3 unfortunately due to work :(

Saad looks like he's nowhere near a sophomore slump from the highlights which is good

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Missed tonight's game, and will be missing their next 3 unfortunately due to work :(

Saad looks like he's nowhere near a sophomore slump from the highlights which is good

I think Saad has been the best player on the ice for both of the game so far. By quite a fair margin at that (Kane has been good too, but Saad may be our best player in all three zones right now).

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Saad has been a beast. Luckily Q juggles the line so much, so I know Saad will definitely get enough ice time. (as well as with the big boys) He looks like he's gonna have a big year taking the next step. Leddy looks very good as well. Much more confident with the puck and with his decision making. Still needs work one on one, but he's much better at taking the body. I just hope Bickell and Toews can keep up with Kane (and I don't mean with skating). He looks like he's two steps above both guys so far.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think Saad has been the best player on the ice for both of the game so far. By quite a fair margin at that (Kane has been good too, but Saad may be our best player in all three zones right now).

Yeah, he is definitely flying around there with a ton of confidence and swag. Love to see it. Wasn't sure if we'd see a young sophomore type of slump from a guy who just doesn't care about the regular season as much after having won a Cup in his rookie year or what. Glad to see him really bringing it.

I thought he held his own. Not great, but not a liability either. If he could fill in for Roszy like he did last night for 25-30 games, you won't hear me complaining about his play all year.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hey guys, coming in peace. Was really impressed with just about your whole team last night, especially Saad and Shaw. They were buzzing and playing a great two-way game. I won't deny it, we didn't deserve to get out of your barn with one point, much less two. Good game. Always enjoy playing you guys... ton of talent up and down that roster.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'm so happy that Mr Overrated as hell couldn't score a goal against us. Head to Head, Toews destroyed Stamkos.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
I'm so happy that Mr Overrated as hell couldn't score a goal against us. Head to Head, Toews destroyed Stamkos.

How is Stamkos overrated? He also finished with 2 assists while Toews finished with nothing offensively?

Sometimes I wonder about you guys.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Hey guys, coming in peace. Was really impressed with just about your whole team last night, especially Saad and Shaw. They were buzzing and playing a great two-way game. I won't deny it, we didn't deserve to get out of your barn with one point, much less two. Good game. Always enjoy playing you guys... ton of talent up and down that roster.

Shaw was garbage in the first game of the year, but last night he looked good as well. Not that Hayes played bad or anything when he suited in game one, but I thought Smith looks like a better fit on that line.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

lol, how is Stamkos "overrated".

And as far as Toews destroying Stamkos, I guess you missed the part where Toews was sitting in the box when Stamkos had an assist on the tying goal :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad