GDT: Game 2 - Isles @ Pens - 7:30 PM ET - Everyone is a Game Time Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
IF we lose this series Sullivan is gone.

That seems likely but it wouldn't surprise me if they kept him. Hextall is an exceedingly patient man. And I think the organization has a lot of respect for what Sully accomplished or he might already be gone after the past few disappointments. This certainly feels like the end of his rope but who knows? New management might see it differently. I would have felt 100% confident that JR would have sacked Sully if Sully lost again in the playoffs. Less sure about what Hexy will do.

Hopefully we do not lose this series either way.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'll say 6-4 Pens. We score a few early. The Isles push back. We pull away a bit more in the second and it never gets too close after that.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
It's funny, Jarry sucked out loud BUT if the Islanders rookie goalie doesnt get his toe on Crosby's deflection the pens would be up 1-0.

It is time to stop making playoff goalie opponents look unbeatable. Shoot high, shoot hard, and crash the net.

Crash the net? The Penguins?

Maybe next year under Coach Gallant they'll start playing that style and be completely shocked to see that it actually works. It's a nice option to have when the fancy schmancy Harlem Globetrotter perimeter game just isn't working on a particular night.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It is so weird but I don't want anything to do with this game. :laugh:

The hockey in this division is not entertaining. Even Boston - Washington while somewhat exciting has been a drag compared to what is going on in the other divisions.

Combine that with the fact we haven't won a playoff game in three years now. It really sucks.

And I'm not really someone that gets down on the Pens. I feel like if they win tonight they will be able to ride some momentum into the Island hopefully.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Me when the Pens take the lead early:

images

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Combine that with the fact we haven't won a playoff game in three years now. It really sucks.

This is why I feel so pessimistic about this team right now. They just look like a team that, even when they play well, find a way to lose games.

This team shouldn't be a combined 1-8 over the past three playoffs. Yet here we are. It's difficult to just sit back and enjoy the game regardless of result when the losses just keep adding up with no wins to cheer about.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015

My Pens in 5 dream is still alive.

Would really be something if we came out and gave Jarry some breathing room.

These playoffs are huge for McCann, love the kid but he’s shit the bed in every postseason so far.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
One re-assuring thing I found: Since Febuary, Jarry has not lost more than 1 game in a row. A bad performance is always followed up by a string of wins.

Hopefully game 1 was just nerves/rust/whatever.

Reactions: Bumpus and Trade

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
One re-assuring thing I found: Since Febuary, Jarry has not lost more than 1 game in a row. A bad performance is always followed up by a string of wins.

Hopefully game 1 was just nerves/rust/whatever.

SHHH don't Jinx it!!! :)

i think game 1 was nerves. he made some stellar saves when it he didn't have time to think at all about it.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
That seems likely but it wouldn't surprise me if they kept him. Hextall is an exceedingly patient man. And I think the organization has a lot of respect for what Sully accomplished or he might already be gone after the past few disappointments. This certainly feels like the end of his rope but who knows? New management might see it differently. I would have felt 100% confident that JR would have sacked Sully if Sully lost again in the playoffs. Less sure about what Hexy will do.

Hopefully we do not lose this series either way.
I could see Hextall and Burke keeping Sullivan but making the roster bigger and more physical.

The argument would be that Sullivan helped keep the team afloat amidst the injuries and that they were mentally strong, but they lacked the physicality to win important battles in the playoffs.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sullivan loves bigger, more physical guys. Just ask Reaves or Gudbranson. I know, both those guys suck at hockey, but still. That's never stopped Sully from overplaying guys before.

If you're gonna pivot to a bigger, more physical style, you need a new coach. Hell, you need a new coach anyway. Sullivan's years beyond his expiration date.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad