GDT: Game 2: Hawks @ Blues 2:00PM CDT (or is it game 3?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
What a crazy game, I never cursed so much after blowing the 2 goal lead in my life. Thank God for Tank, the guy is clutch!

I got to say though our powerplay is beyond pathetic, it's really painful to watch...I really hope Hitch changes it up.

BTW didn't we blow a two game lead last year in the playoffs? I'm not getting excited until we win the 1st round.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Hawks fan that comes in peace. Not all of us are what y'all say we are.

The Seabs hit on Backes was dirty and I've spent half the night arguing it with some Hawks fans. I'm not a Backes fan and do think he plays dirty at times, but I don't like anybody getting hit dirty and Seabs' hit was dirty dirty. If it was up to me Seabs would get 5 games

That knee on knee by Bickell was dirty too. But, I don't think he'll get any games.

I personally didn't think the knee on knee was that bad, they were all scrambling for the puck and it looked like Bickell was trying to catch a piece of him from getting by.

The backes hit was pretty bad though, I think Backes has had concussions in the past which has me a bit worried.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

The Seabs hit on Backes was dirty and I've spent half the night arguing it with some Hawks fans. I'm not a Backes fan and do think he plays dirty at times, but I don't like anybody getting hit dirty and Seabs' hit was dirty dirty. If it was up to me Seabs would get 5 games

That knee on knee by Bickell was dirty too. But, I don't think he'll get any games.

If Backes is dirty at times in your book, then Bickell is most certainly dirty at times and then some. He has made some pretty late hits, tried to catch players with their heads down, and accelerates when players are in vulnerable positions.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ryan Reaves played under 4 minutes. Why is he even in the lineup if he's not going to get any ice time? I'd rather dress 7 Dmen if the 12th forward is going to see 1 minute of ice time per period.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Ryan Reaves played under 4 minutes. Why is he even in the lineup if he's not going to get any ice time? I'd rather dress 7 Dmen if the 12th forward is going to see 1 minute of ice time per period.

I wouldn't read too much into that considering how much special teams play there was in Game 2. Bollig also didn't play much.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
If I'm honest ( ;) ) I wanted the Blues to **** it up and goon it up after playing bad, beeing down and see their captain going down with a hit like that...fortunately the players are smarter than I am!

great character win and I'm confident will take this series even if it has been 2 very close games and it is still wide open.

but I honestly don't like our chances to get much deeper without Backes.

DaddyPadre

Jul 5, 2013
I dont get the Bickel hate, hes not a dirty guy, hes a hard nosed crash and bang guy yes, but not for a second do i think he intended to lead with his knee on Sobotka, he got dangled and tried to transfer his weight and unfortunately there was a knee on knee, Seabrook on the other hand, that was direct contact to the head, not only did he not let up, he absolutely leveled him, thats textbook, he.ll get suspended, but only for one if i had to guess, hawks are right up there with the pens as the leagues little poster boy teams, they wont punish them more than needed.

Why did he commit 3 BS plays then?

1. if you call reaves a charge then what about the charge on oshie?

2. he knees petro in the corner

3. he knees sobi

Chris Kerber even said today i wouldnt be shocked if he hurts someone the way he is playing

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Dirty hit on Backes, see the Hawks are also trying to take your players knees out too, their pretty protected by the league so don't expect much help. Take the series, hope Backes comes back but man I'd think he'll be out for awhile, tough dude to get up and off by himself after that cheap dirty hit. ****** to see that hit and the kneeing.

You know it had to be pretty ****ing dirty when a Canucks fan is siding with the Blues and Backes in particular lol. No but seriously, I think you're right on about not much happening to Bickel or Seabrook, the league couldn't possibly hurt the chances of one of their darling original 6 teams. That's one thing about both the MLB and NFL, you screw up it doesn't matter who you are, or what team you play for, the punishment usually fits the crime for all.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

You are right. Not all Hawks fans are that bad. Some yes, but every fan base has those.

I disagree that Backes plays dirty at times, but at the same time, I recognize my bias so I'll just agree to disagree. I'm not sure how you would feel about Bickell but I'll say I think he crosses the line more than Backes. Again that's with blue colored glasses on.

I agree with the rest of your post. I'd give Seabrook the rest of the series (so anywhere from 2 to 5) and while the Bickell hit was dirty, I don't think it will get him a suspension.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I personally didn't think the knee on knee was that bad, they were all scrambling for the puck and it looked like Bickell was trying to catch a piece of him from getting by.

The backes hit was pretty bad though, I think Backes has had concussions in the past which has me a bit worried.

Agreed on the knee on knee.

The :soap: ing Seabrook elbow to Backes head however really ticked me off. I am guessing Seabrook won't play any more games in this series if it goes seven, so 5 games. Anything less will reaffirm my feelings on the NHL as Mario Lemiuex coined it 2 decades ago, "A Garage League". Backes? Yeah I'm worried about it also. Who knows how long Backes is out since he has had concussions in the past.

Last edited:

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Canuck fan here.

BEST of luck in game 3 and the rest of the series.
So ****ing nice to see a team stand up to those ****heads via the scoreboard.

Big fan of most of your guys, incl. Backes, Lappy, Bouw, Ott, even Sobotka.

Knock them out boys. GL

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Canuck fan here.

BEST of luck in game 3 and the rest of the series.
So ****ing nice to see a team stand up to those ****heads via the scoreboard.

Big fan of most of your guys, incl. Backes, Lappy, Bouw, Ott, even Sobotka.

Knock them out boys. GL

Thanks for the support.

The bolded part of the comment is something I think is important. For years now, it seems like people have said "get in the Blues head and they're done" and they've been right. We lose our cool, we lose our temper and lose games because of it. It's why we lost the last 2 regular season games against the Hawks.

Today was the picture perfect response. Pay them back by scoring, not with an equally stupid hit. It's a good sign from this team.

OCTA8ON*

is anyone on this forum good at video editing? i have a really cool idea for a GDT. please say something

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
im rooting for the blues. they got a deep enough team to compete with the big boys in the west. goaltending is pretty solid. defense is just a treat to watch. forwards are okay. now without backes they gotta step it up. one of ott/lappy/reaves lays a big big hit on their players and ends this series. the quicker the better. hopefully blues get berglund/backes back next round. tarensenko is a playing pretty well for the first 2 games.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
The St. Louis Blues are the 1st NHL team to win 2 Playoff games when trailing by a goal and under 2 minutes to play in regulation since the 1977 Philadelphia Flyers. Keep it up Blues!

:blues :bb: :blues :bb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad