GDT: Game 2: Hawks @ Blues 2:00PM CDT (or is it game 3?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Guys - few of my friends that are rooting for you all, and myself are wondering, wheres the best place to watch for Backes injury updates? Here?

Here, or if you have Twitter following our beat writer Jeremy Rutherford.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Just dropping in to says "Congrats", and that I really hope Backes can come back in a few games. Seabrook should definitely be suspended for the rest of the series. That hit is everything the NHL is trying to crack down on, but I'm afraid they hand out a weak 1-2 game suspension while Backes misses the remainder.

Bickell should get a game or two also, as he clearly stuck the knee out. Jesus the NHL is so friggin' weak on this stuff, and with all the other smaller stuff they let go in the playoffs, players get jacked up and lose control until these intent-to-injure hits finally take someone out. Makes me wonder why I bother watching, waiting for things to change.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I wouldn't expect too much news on Backes. He'll be listed as day-to-day with an upper body injury, and the only clue we'll get is when he gets back on the ice for practice. I'd be shocked if he played another game in this series, but you never know with these things.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
Part of me says 5, just to make sure he is done for the series, and also to try and get a handle on things before they get really out of control. Then another part of me says 2, because he is a high profile player, there was no call originally on the play and also because to my knowledge, he doesnt have a history.

japurple01

Apr 19, 2014
I was pretty neutral about this series but this game reminded me how cheap the Hawks can be. For those watching the NBC feed, the CBC feed let you hear more of the on-ice stuff (I was flipping between both) since they don't worry so much about the occasional profanity getting through. Somebody was chirping Backes as he tried to get up with "Wakey Wakey Backes". Don't know if it was Toews, but he was closest to him.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
I lost a lot of respect for Toews there.

I agree. Ditto for Bickell. Blatant attempts to injure. Seabrook shoud be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for the cheap headshot he delivered on Backes. If Backes is out for any period of time, we will need to circle the wagons. Dude is the heart and soul of the Blues.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Part of me says 5, just to make sure he is done for the series, and also to try and get a handle on things before they get really out of control. Then another part of me says 2, because he is a high profile player, there was no call originally on the play and also because to my knowledge, he doesnt have a history.

I'm the same. Part of me says 5 because it takes him out of this series and it can be done over the phone. I expect only 1 game though. I suppose we shouldn't ever underestimate just how much of an emphasis that the League puts on the player being injured (which is too stupid for words).

If the NHL want to calm this series down then they are going to have to hand out real suspensions. If they end up in a situation where they give Seabrook 1 game, Bickell gets nothing and the Blues are out of the game late on Monday/Wednesday then all hell is going to break loose.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I need to just stay off the main boards. My blood is boiling at some of the comments like the guy saying he hopes Backes is done for the playoffs because Backes is a "dirty player". That and people who are blind saying the hit was clean.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I agree. Ditto for Bickell. Blatant attempts to injure. Seabrook shoud be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for the cheap headshot he delivered on Backes. If Backes is out for any period of time, we will need to circle the wagons. Dude is the heart and soul of the Blues.
Bickell has always been a piece of trash.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I need to just stay off the main boards. My blood is boiling at some of the comments like the guy saying he hopes Backes is done for the playoffs because Backes is a "dirty player". That and people who are blind saying the hit was clean.

It's pathetic.

If the Blues do end up losing this series, I hope they make sure there is no way the make it past second round.

Yoko Ono*

Miller 2 Blues 0 Hawks 0, Miller has been the difference bailing out a poor Blues D at every turn. The turnovers are terrible and watching Pie in his own zone is an embarrassment.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

I love that MacKinnon keeps getting brought up; if you are on the ice then you don't get any special treatment because of your age. I honestly can't believe people are still complaining about a lot of nothing.

But yeah, Backes is such a dirty player. I mean he has been suspended so often, and if it wasn't for the fact he was a star player in the League and playing for one of the big market teams then he would have twice as many suspensions. :shakehead

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I love that MacKinnon keeps getting brought up; if you are on the ice then you don't get any special treatment because of your age. I honestly can't believe people are still complaining about a lot of nothing.

But yeah, Backes is such a dirty player. I mean he has been suspended so often, and if it wasn't for the fact he was a star player in the League and playing for one of the big market teams then he would have twice as many suspensions. :shakehead

If Mackinnon doesn't want to get hit, then his pansy ass should find a different line of work. I especially like the "big market" claims. Apparently these people live in some alternate universe. Some people on this board are truly idiots. Backes plays on the edge. He's not dirty.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
I never knew Backes was Matt Cooke's evil twin. These bandwagon Hawk fans are nearly as unbearable as NBC's broadcast crew.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Miller 2 Blues 0 Hawks 0, Miller has been the difference bailing out a poor Blues D at every turn. The turnovers are terrible and watching Pie in his own zone is an embarrassment.

Petro was just okay today, but he was awesome in game 1. No idea what you're seeing.

pricer502

Jun 3, 2011
Kansas City
I hate to say it but Backes is out for this entire series and maybe longer. He lost conciousness and that is not a good sign. I would say a minimum of two weeks if I am guessing. Not worth the game 2 win. I would rather have lost the game and kept Backes for the seires/playoffs. However this team showed what it was made of. We had to find a way to win that game after that hit or this series was over. Great composure and character showed by the Blues today.

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
4? With no supplemental discipline history, semi big-game player, and this being the playoffs and all, I will be pleased with one game.

I was speaking as someone living in the real world. The NHL lives in a different place. I would not be surprised with two games. The NHL wants to eliminate head shots, but not if it means disrupting the status quo. They need to grow up and become one of the big boy leagues.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Not even close. Way to not even try to hide your bias against the Blues. Pietrangelo has been fantastic for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad