GDT: Game 2 : Czech Republic Vs Russia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | CZE 4 - 3 RUS

KK91

Jan 7, 2009
Congrats to the Czech. Russia played very undisciplined! Way to take advantage Czech

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Big win for the Czechs.

Congrats!

Sucks for Sweden/Finland who might catch Russia in a QF game.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Russia was by far the superior team, had they started the #1 goalie the game was probably a comfort win.

2 even strength goals allowed by Askarov was very questionable

That being said, Czech pulled out a gutsy win, congrats.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Well, congrats to the Czechs on their gold medal. I'm assuming that's what they won based on the celebrations.

185d561e45c2028eaa6ff8a23c5c54a85f1e2f92657b9e6233c85c0054dee5f9.jpg

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Well, congrats to the Czechs on their gold medal. I'm assuming that's what they won based on the celebrations.

C'mon man. These are kids picking up a crucial win in their home tournament. Of course they're going to celebrate...

Reactions: Canucks5551

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Awesome goal by Zemulin... that would've been a great time for Dostal to make a 10 bell save though.

Czechs have slowed the game down and made it ugly.. exactly what they need to do. Just stop taking stupid penalties. They seem to have an issue everytime they go near Romanov. Need to get him out of their heads.

If I was an NHL GM.. I would NEVER draft a goalie in round 1 - they take at least 3 years to develop. I have no doubht Askaraov will be a very good NHL goalie but I think Dostal will be too and he was taken in the third round. Goalies are voodoo.

Dostal’s great, but many people had him as a second rounder. He could’ve even went in the late first. The fact that he fell to the third is likely because he’s Czech, not that big and doesn’t have outstanding athleticism.

I don’t think the Habs are regretting taking Price in the first or the Lightning taking Vasilevskiy. What you don’t do is take goalies in the first if they aren’t elite. If they are elite, there’s a point in the first round where the skaters are also a big gamble, and the upside is much higher with a goalie.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Russian juniors may be following the usual Russian path. Start out slow and then ramp up. We shall see. A lot of talent on that team. Just need more discipline and better goat lending. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad