GDT: Game 2 : Czech Republic Vs Russia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | CZE 4 - 3 RUS

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Russia always starts slow. I still expect them to win the tournament. But that’s probably the last Askarov will play. I thought Miftakhov would’ve started and we’d see Askarov later on. With Askarov struggling in his first game, I doubt Bragin goes back to him, unless Miftakhov also struggles.

I came on here to have a good laugh at you for telling us all how great Team Russia was this year, only to have them lose to the Czechs. Which is death this year, as they still have huge group games against the USA and Canada coming up...ouch.

That said, I see you have doubled down on your Russia prediction. I think you are wrong and don't see them as a big threat for gold, but am glad to see you standing by your initial statement.

Personally, I bet on Canada and feel pretty good after day one of the competition, although I feel their lines need some shuffling still.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I came on here to have a good laugh at you for telling us all how great Team Russia was this year, only to have them lose to the Czechs. Which is death this year, as they still have huge group games against the USA and Canada coming up...ouch.

That said, I see you have doubled down on your Russia prediction. I think you are wrong and don't see them as a big threat for gold, but am glad to see you standing by your initial statement.

Personally, I bet on Canada and feel pretty good after day one of the competition, although I feel their lines need some shuffling still.
A: this has been a really good board with a little trash talk.. really liked it
B: betting on Canada is always a VERY good choice
C: this Russian team is awesome... they had a bad day. If they (or Canada/Finland/Sweden/US) win Gold a week from now I won't even flinch. It was a bizzare game.
D: Russia won't finish 4th in this group
E: If they do, I feel bad for the winner of the other group... just like I feel bad for whoever draws Finland from our group.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Overall, we didn't play that bad and looked way better, than Czechs, but, firstly, Askarov had a bad game and secondly, there were a lot of stupid penalties. I think, both problems can be addresed, so I'm still optimistic. It's just my Soviet hockey mentality makes me kinda depressed every time we lose.

I should get used to the fact, Team Russia is different, than Soviet teams. Nowadays all these preliminary games aren't considered must-win anymore.

Reactions: Czechboy

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015

Russia lost to themselves here first and foremost. If anything I had a good laugh when the Czechs celebrated winning a round Robin game like they've just won the tournament.

Having said that, I will and always have given the Czechs a lot of credit, they always put formidable teams, but they should be more daring with their attitude to go for gold, and limit to celebrating meaningless round Robin games..

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Russia lost to themselves here first and foremost. If anything I had a good laugh when the Czechs celebrated winning a round Robin game like they've just won the tournament.

Having said that, I will and always have given the Czechs a lot of credit, they always put formidable teams, but they should be more daring with their attitude to go for gold, and limit to celebrating meaningless round Robin games..

OMG :)
A: It was an opening game in front of the home crowd
B: They were outsiders coming into this game
C: The opponent was Russia, always a big rival
D: Nothing was decided till last seconds, thus a lot of emotions right after
E: They're just kids

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
OMG :)
A: It was an opening game in front of the home crowd
B: They were outsiders coming into this game
C: The opponent was Russia, always a big rival
D: Nothing was decided till last seconds, thus a lot of emotions right after
E: They're just kids
I mean, if the worst thing that can be said about our team after a win is that we celebrated... I guess I'm okay with that. What's next, don't like the colour of our helmets?lol

F: That might be our only victory
G: I celebrated in my basement like it was a Olympic victory.lol

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I mean, if the worst thing that can be said about our team after a win is that we celebrated... I guess I'm okay with that. What's next, don't like the colour of our helmets?lol

F: That might be our only victory
G: I celebrated in my basement like it was a Olympic victory.lol

H: I celebrated too and enjoyed :)

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!

It's cool, I had another good laugh today when this Russian team lost yet another winnable game.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Czechoslovakia needs to come back. You guys are mediocre at hockey. Sad.

I don't know what sport you are watching, but Czech hockey has definitely torn up international hockey throughout the last decade. With our promising Czech talent program we are soon going to overtake mighty Canada.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad