GDT: Game #2: Coyotes @ Rangers - 4:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, MSG

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Abundance of skill? Then why is LOB playing. McBain can play hockey, is tough, can fight and play on the PK. LOB can do none of those. I think LOB is my whipping boy for this year.
Come on, Jakey. While O'Brien is not a heavyweight, he still provides a physical presence and will always be the first to stand up for teammates.

I notice you left out Boyd and Carcone which was precisely my point. Before you point out point totals from last year, neither guy will receive any power play or generous 5v5 playing time with skilled linemates unless hapless injuries occur.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This is a complete assumption but I think the nhl isn’t blacking us out either because we are away and our tv deal is still a little wonky or they’re not blacking us out because our tv deal is still a little wonky…

I'm betting they're asking ESPN to stream our feed without blackouts until Meruelo gets his DTC option set up and working.
I did experience something similar last season though, I was able to watch the games on ESPN+ via Hulu but then one day it just stopped working and I would get some sort of generic not in your market message or something along those lines. It was like it took awhile for the left hand and the right hand to understand what each other was doing but once they did, access denied.

I hope that's not what is happening though, I hope the NHL is instead purposefully allowing the exception as that would be a reasonable response to the current mess that is largely out of the hands of the teams.

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I did experience something similar last season though, I was able to watch the games on ESPN+ via Hula but then one day it just stopped working and I would get some sort of generic not in your market message or something along those lines. It was like it took awhile for the left hand and the right hand to understand what each other was doing but once they did, access denied.

I hope that's not what is happening though, I hope the NHL is instead purposefully allowing the exception as that would be a reasonable response to the current mess that is largely out of the hands of the teams.
NHL and reasonable in the same sentence. Not buying it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Come on, Jakey. While O'Brien is not a heavyweight, he still provides a physical presence and will always be the first to stand up for teammates.

I notice you left out Boyd and Carcone which was precisely my point. Before you point out point totals from last year, neither guy will receive any power play or generous 5v5 playing time with skilled linemates unless hapless injuries occur.
Again, Boyd can play hockey, so can Carcone. Sure LOB will stand up for his teammates, and that is the ONLY reason he is playing in the NHL. But when you are playing Crouse, McBain and Brown you do not need LOB. Now if one of those three don't play then I would consider LOB, as last resort.:laugh:
I believe LOB is well liked in the room, but this isn't a daycare center.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I know many don't like Petey, but I kind of enjoy him as he knows more about hockey than his sidekick Morgan and that broad, who I have no idea why she is even on that podcast. Mind you, if she took Morgans spot she would probably do a better job. I guess she must do all the editing.;)

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Again, Boyd can play hockey, so can Carcone. Sure LOB will stand up for his teammates, and that is the ONLY reason he is playing in the NHL. But when you are playing Crouse, McBain and Brown you do not need LOB. Now if one of those three don't play then I would consider LOB, as last resort.:laugh:
I believe LOB is well liked in the room, but this isn't a daycare center.
Which one of all the guys you’ve mentioned would you be okay with breaking his hand on an opponents helmet?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I know many don't like Petey, but I kind of enjoy him as he knows more about hockey than his sidekick Morgan and that broad, who I have no idea why she is even on that podcast. Mind you, if she took Morgans spot she would probably do a better job. I guess she must do all the editing.;)

That “broad” produces the podcast.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I like Leah. I like the entire crew. The best part of it all though, is that you don't have to watch it if you don't want to. When July and August roll around and there is nothing going on in the world of hockey we have a daily podcast covering the Coyotes that we can watch on YouTube. For free.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The “broad” is very good and has a big time future in hosting/producing.
Well, she better get a better gig, because she ain't going nowhere unless she does.

Leah is literally Craig’s protege, and produces the whole show, she knows her stuff real well. I like the PHNX crew and show, and it’s not just because they’re all we have.
What an endorsement.:laugh:

I like Leah. I like the entire crew. The best part of it all though, is that you don't have to watch it if you don't want to. When July and August roll around and there is nothing going on in the world of hockey we have a daily podcast covering the Coyotes that we can watch on YouTube. For free.
Well, we have set the bar pretty damn low. At least we have a team that is worth watching again.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You can always start your own podcast. You might get more viewers than PHNX.
That wouldn't be hard. I know for one thing, it would be a hell of a lot more colorful and entertaining. I could have all you sad sacks on.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagged Ice

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
LOL, I now imagine him as 21st century bald Travolta.
IMG_3544.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad