TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Looking forward to this one today. Stay out of the box and I think things will be okay. Igor can steal a game though so need to jump on them quickly.

Side note; opening the season on the road in New York/New Jersey is a heck of a roadtrip. I suppose it's a good litmus test for the rest of the season.

@Hogan20 has the longest GDT win streak this season. :) This is a risky move.
He beat me to it by like 30 minutes. I had meetings all morning and couldn't bring myself to make one before work.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
This is a complete assumption but I think the nhl isn’t blacking us out either because we are away and our tv deal is still a little wonky or they’re not blacking us out because our tv deal is still a little wonky…

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This is a complete assumption but I think the nhl isn’t blacking us out either because we are away and our tv deal is still a little wonky or they’re not blacking us out because our tv deal is still a little wonky…

I'm betting they're asking ESPN to stream our feed without blackouts until Meruelo gets his DTC option set up and working.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We aren't the only NHL team in this Bally fiasco. I wonder what and how the other teams are doing?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I sure wouldn’t mind a hot start to keep the vibes going. It’s ok if the wheels fall off later. I don’t think we’re a playoff team. But I am enjoying how much positivity there has been since the heart breaking voting result.
I don't think we are a playoff team either, but I don't want the wheels to fall off. I want us to be very competitive right to the end. I want to see us giving these high ranked playoff team fits with upsets.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I really didn't notice Carcone during the first game. Do you think he's being benched due to his lackluster performance?

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
I really didn't notice Carcone during the first game. Do you think he's being benched due to his lackluster performance?
Carcone is not used to playing on the 4th line without power play time.

He will need to adjust to be noticable with the modicum of minutes he will be given (develop PK role, agitator role etc..)

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
The cream will rise to the top over time. For the life of me, I don't see how O'Brien is playing and guys like Boyd are not, especially if you are dressing Brown, McBain and Crouse.

O'Brien is fine. With the abundance of skill we have in the top nine, the 4th line will scarcely receive ample playing time. Give me 4th liners who will provide energy and/or dependable on the penalty kill.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
In for a doozy tonight. Rangers home opener and they're coming off a loss to the Blue Jackets. Tonight will probably be the best they will look all season effort wise at least.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree generally about LOB but he did have a pretty good game by his standards. Probably better than Carcone. Haha.
We have gotten use to a pretty low standard. I would probably want Carcone nine times out of ten.
O'Brien is fine. With the abundance of skill we have in the top nine, the 4th line will scarcely receive ample playing time. Give me 4th liners who will provide energy and/or dependable on the penalty kill.
Abundance of skill? Then why is LOB playing. McBain can play hockey, is tough, can fight and play on the PK. LOB can do none of those. I think LOB is my whipping boy for this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad