GDT: Game 2: CBJ vs Detroit | 7:30pm EST NBC/TSN| "Home Opener" Edition

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
FYI all that are on Twitter.... Nick (@CBJ_DJ) is taking requests for tonight currently...just don't bug him about the entrance and goal song...he's not going to divulge them

neek21

Sep 8, 2012

I saw this on my walk thru with my ticket rep the first Sunday of training camp...it looks just like a mini Speedway, it's located where that little Blueline Store was to the right of the cannon, just inside the main entrance to the arena [behind the 24 oz can beer stand]...beer, sodas, aspirin, gum, potato chips, et.al. ....the prices were high, but hey, if you need something quick, it's there

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
What makes me optimistic is how well Springfield is playing and it's the same system in Columbus. Springfield is currently 2nd in their conference and 8-1-1 in the last 10 games. No matter what who they lose, no matter what goalie is playing, no matter if it's Atkinson, Calvert, Savard and McElhinney or Sean Collins, Michael Chaput and Paul Dainton and Prout they're winning.

If there's similar buy-in with the players in Columbus, I think this team can really surprise everyone. And destroying the Dead Things is a good start. :handclap::handclap:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I saw this on my walk thru with my ticket rep the first Sunday of training camp...it looks just like a mini Speedway, it's located where that little Blueline Store was to the right of the cannon, just inside the main entrance to the arena [behind the 24 oz can beer stand]...beer, sodas, aspirin, gum, potato chips, et.al. ....the prices were high, but hey, if you need something quick, it's there

I have needed an aspirin more times than I care to remember while at the arena on game day. Let's hope there will be less need for them this year. I for one think this kind of retail inside NWA is long overdue.

Is it like one of those tiny convenience stores in the airport?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I have needed an aspirin more times than I care to remember while at the arena on game day. Let's hope there will be less need for them this year. I for one think this kind of retail inside NWA is long overdue.

Said every CBJ fan in history...

HoldFast13

DESTROY!!!!
Oct 23, 2010
Columbus OH

Im curious too...although no way in hell I'm eating Sushi from a "convenience" store inside a sporting arena. I prefer my Hockey without a serving of Ptomaine Poisoning. :cry:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
This is a gdt?

& were yapping about aspirin and Jeremy Jacobs.. Jackets Win!! Jackets Win!! Jackets Win!! don't have a clue how they do it, but Jackets Win!!!

Just kidding.. Jack MF Johnson scores Foligno scores, after deking to his back hand Artem scores on a slapper stick side (another roofer) ha ha. Dubinsky with a Gordie Howe hattie

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Interesting note: per Porty, that convenience shop is run by Delaware North, which is owned by Bruins' owner Jeremy Jacobs.

Interesting sequence here...

http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/293345716842143744

Dispatch: "And will you need any hummus or ChapStick today?" 'Healthy' convenience store to open at Nationwide Arena http://*******/WlHkHH

http://twitter.com/KreiOfTheTiger/status/293346416124891137

@Aportzline u know who owns Delaware north co? I would think first before buying from them.

http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/293347942746685440

As @KreiOfTheTiger notes, new store at Nationwide run by Delaware North, which is owned by NHL lockout hardliner/Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs

That doesn't look like KreiOfTheTiger "noted"; that looks like editorializing. Did Portzline get promoted from "reporter" to "columnist" and I missed it?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wings fans so disenchanted they don't even have a game day thread going for tonight.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
DOOOOOO it!!!! Double dog dare ya.

If you do it's not like you will miss anything. Since the lockout ended he has not been the first to tweet any information of value. @robmixer seems to be the best CBJ source of information on twitter so far.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Wings fans so disenchanted they don't even have a game day thread going for tonight.

It's hard to buy into the hope that anything good is going to happen for us this season. We have the worst defense in the league, a boring/old offensive core, and an uninspired front office. Our "top 6" signing was a guy who dominated a Swiss league. And he plays on the first line.

Good luck tonight guys. Anxious to see how the team works without Nash.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
It's hard to buy into the hope that anything good is going to happen for us this season. We have the worst defense in the league, a boring/old offensive core, and an uninspired front office. Our "top 6" signing was a guy who dominated a Swiss league. And he plays on the first line.

Good luck tonight guys. Anxious to see how the team works without Nash.

Wowzers, Detroit fans have come a long way since the "Red Wings are the best drafting team in all of sports" era.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
As an outsider...
Saturday's performance looked like the most cohesive Jackets team I've seen. They all seemed to be on the same page, looking good while doing so. I'll be watching the game.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Wowzers, Detroit fans have come a long way since the "Red Wings are the best drafting team in all of sports" era.

That's mainly grasping false hope. We have some solid prospects. Some that are actually very good and that fans are excited about, yet they won't see NHL play for another 2-3 years when the DRW are trying to stay out of last place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad