GDT: Game 2: CBJ vs Detroit | 7:30pm EST NBC/TSN| "Home Opener" Edition

Steeltown Jacket

FanFromPensTerritory
Aug 8, 2011
Central Ohio
Side note. Did anyone notice after the game when they were giving away the game jersey someone wearing a Gretzsky jersey? I swear it was a CBJ 3rd with gretzky name and number but I'm hoping I was wrong and it was a black kings jersey instead.

There was a guy sitting a few rows in front of me in 211 wearing a CBJ jersey with "Retzky" (w/o the G) on the back. I didn't stay to see the specific moment you're talking about, but it might be this.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I have no problem with Umberger when he is played where he belongs. Let's face it, we have a team with no true first line, so everyone plays monkey move up.

I think with Davidson in charge of the team, we will eventually see a team with quite a few new faces. Who leaves in that process is any one's guess.

Third line? I remember him lighting up the SC playoffs in that role

cbjbluejackets61

This is neat!
Feb 26, 2009
Columbus
But he's from Ohio State, that's such a better reason to ever consider this guy a decent player. He sucks, lets face it. The failed clearing was just the start.

Yes I realize that Ohio State isn't the reason people solely thought he was good at one time, nor was it ever actually a reason.

I say trade Umberger for a bag of pucks, that's all he's worth since 2008 NJD game.

i saw jack johnson make a bad play in this last game... i guess 2 bags of pucks for those two guys? :shakehead

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
...and that would be where I stopped reading. So very, very tired of that idiot conspiracy theory. If that snotty bull**** actually mattered, Nate Guenin and David Steckel would still be Blue Jackets.

And using that logic Jack Johnson should be the most hated Blue Jacket.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
...and that would be where I stopped reading. So very, very tired of that idiot conspiracy theory. If that snotty bull**** actually mattered, Nate Guenin and David Steckel would still be Blue Jackets.

Was a joke, I realize nobody actually cares where he went to school. May have mattered to some at one point, but I realize that it's long past that. Doesn't change the fact that he's been god awful for quite awhile now.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Was a joke, I realize nobody actually cares where he went to school. May have mattered to some at one point, but I realize that it's long past that. Doesn't change the fact that he's been god awful for quite awhile now.

Nobody actually cares?? Well I do, I think it's awesome he played for OSU....

My only concern with RJ is that his play has dropped off recently.. EDM was right, his play has seemed to drop off after his new contract. I hope he starts to play red-ice again, something he has not done lately.... If you want a defintion of red-ice watch Calvert or PM me..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad