GDT: Game 2: CBJ vs Detroit | 7:30pm EST NBC/TSN| "Home Opener" Edition

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
3119946ed750d25f0f.jpg

7:30 PM EST (Doors open early at 5:30 PM EST)
Nationwide Arena
Columbus, OH

LCjRJD9.jpg

large.png

Lines
Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson
Dubinsky- Anisimov - Dorsett
Foligno-Johansen-Prospal
Calvert - Mackenzie - Boll

Tyutin - Nikitin
Johnson - Wisniewski
Moore - Aucoin

Bobrovsky
Mason

Notes:

No official word on starters. I am just keeping the same lines for now. Coach Richards has said not to expect any changes, however.

Inactive
Colton Gillies - Healthy Scratch
Mark Letestu - Healthy Scratch
David Savard - Healthy Scratch

large.png

Lines
Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Brunner
Franzen - Filppula - Samuelsson
Cleary - Abdelkdaer - Miller
Eaves - Emmerton - Tootoo

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Smith
White - Colaiacovo

J. Howard
Tom McCullum

Inactive
Darren Helm (back)
Jakub Kindl (groin)
Dan Mursak (collarbone)
Todd Bertuzzi (mono)
Jonas Gustavsson (groin)

Notes:
Jonathan Ericsson is questionable.
Patrick Eaves is making his comeback since suffering a concussion and jaw injury in November 2011.
The Red Wings will be looking to avoid getting embarrassed two games in a row. Look for them to come out strong.​

Remember that the doors open extra early for the game today at 5:30PM. This is the first time Nationwide will be using wands I believe. Be prepared for delays entering the arena due to this.

If its possible, get out there in Columbus and spend some money. The area was tremendously hurt by this lockout through no fault of their own.

I'll be there in 206. Lets go Jackets!

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam

Critical Rating: 11 out of 10

The game comes on at 1030 Tuesday morning here... I need to come up with a plan for all these weekday games!

hip check

Go North.
Jan 21, 2010
I'll be 3,000 miles away. I expect 110% out of you fans at Nationwide, don't be out-worked. Go North. Or something like that.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
The game comes on at 1030 Tuesday morning here... I need to come up with a plan for all these weekday games!

02:30 AM on Tuesday here so if I want to watch the games live I have to adjust my whole day rhythm. Right now I'm planning on going to sleep early tonight, like 6 or 7ish, to wake up around 0200 and watch the game live. Normally there wouldn't be a chance I could get any sleep that early but seeing that I'm currently going on 4 hours of sleep last night (because yes, I was watching hockey last night too :nod:) there may be a chance. Either way,

GO JACKETS!

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Hoping for a big CBJ win.

This whole wanding thing. Wasn't this mandated by the league? Anyone heard any comments on how it has been received, and how it is working?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
A chance to send the Wings to the bottom along with the Rangers.
Go Jackets.

Interesting to see Datsyuk as a wing (left not red).

CBJwheel

Mar 4, 2007
Findlay

02:30 AM on Tuesday here so if I want to watch the games live I have to adjust my whole day rhythm. Right now I'm planning on going to sleep early tonight, like 6 or 7ish, to wake up around 0200 and watch the game live. Normally there wouldn't be a chance I could get any sleep that early but seeing that I'm currently going on 4 hours of sleep last night (because yes, I was watching hockey last night too :nod:) there may be a chance. Either way,

GO JACKETS!

9:30 a.m. here. I won't be able to watch it all, but I'll be able to enjoy my morning coffee while watching the game. Welcome to my new routine I guess. :laugh:

Come on Jackets! Expect an angry, but beatable Red Wings team to come in. That said, I think that if we win, it will be a close game. 3-2 Jackets.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
What is this I'm feeling? Excitement? Joy?
It's been a while since I could say that.

I feel like the Grinch and all the Whos down in Whoville are singing and my hockey heart is growing in size.

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
I predict a slow start, pushing and shoving, then some fights....then the mob of people will get in and the hockey game will start. I just hope the "home crowd" is Jackets fans and not Dead Wings fans.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If anything, this team should be pumped up enough for the 1st home game of the season that the thought of being outworked by the wings shouldn't even cross their minds.

1st game is under their belts and I am expecting a relentless 60 minutes of play from them. They owe it to us if they want to win back the casual fan. Don't make JD a liar!

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh

This whole wanding thing. Wasn't this mandated by the league? Anyone heard any comments on how it has been received, and how it is working?

I don't know about around the league, but at NFL games I've been to the wanding really takes no longer than the old coat lift and purse check.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
They do all concessions at the arena (and I think parking), unfortunately.

And the Blue Line at the Arena and Tuttle.

Say what you will about Jacobs, but they kept people employed during the lockout when they could have very easily justified shutting them down, or limiting their hours.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

Most places around the league already use wands or metal detectors so there will not be much change other places.

Arenas that I have been to have the following.

Tampa - wand
Nashville - wand
Detroit - metal detectors
Carolina - metal detectors

IMO the wand is much faster then the detectors and really should not be much of a problem for anyone other then the BYOB people who are going to be pissed. :laugh:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@jrimercbj: As expected #CBJ netminder Sergei Bobrovsky will make his second straight start and his home debut vs #redwings tonight @Nationwide”

“@RobMixer: Lines and pairs have not changed, but that's not unexpected. #CBJ”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad