Post-Game Talk: Game #2 CAPITALS vs penguins @3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Caps should be up 2-0 in this series and I'm totally not impressed by the Pens. I felt they were robbed of a goal, but it's nice to have an opposing team get that for a change. I like Milbury with the main crew and not sure I can take much more of Pierre. Time for the road warriors to show up in Pittsburgh. Biggest obstacle is the Caps and there is absolutely no reason for this Penguins team to win this series. If Caps can play like the first period, they can be a SC team. Also, not sure why folks still think Brooks is relevant in the hockey media. The guy is pure garbage. Good on Wilson for not changing his game.

Go Caps!

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
If this is the OV we will get the rest of the series, even if he gets a goal a game, we are toast.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
A+ game from Holtby. Top line minus dumb penalties was good, hopefully Wilson isn’t suspended. Orlov was a beast. Third line was decent.

Need more from Backstrom and Niskanen.

I thought he was last game. Unfortunate deflections and screenings are part of the playoffs and I do believe Holtby has been an MVP so far in this series for the Caps. Best thing from this game was watching Ovy score and one of the youngsters get a playoff goal.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
How can you call that stupid or selfish when Letang did it twice seconds prior?

You have to understand the moment (if you’re 92)...big picture. They almost always call the retaliation, ALMOST ALWAYS.

Anyway, they killed it, no harm done. Coachable moment.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Teaching? No. Drilling? They ****ing should be. You never outgrow fundamentals, the same way musicians never outgrow scales.

also, there's a difference between the fundamentals of hockey, and the fundamentals of NHL hockey.
These guys should how to make a pass and receive a pass. The mistakes they are making are mental mistakes. Poor decisions.

Reactions: troyerlaw

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
A+ game from Holtby. Top line minus dumb penalties was good, hopefully Wilson isn’t suspended. Orlov was a beast. Third line was decent.

Need more from Backstrom and Niskanen. Also give Vrana more ice time.
Vrana could use more time but you have to be careful with him. The same situation as Djoos. Having Djoos on the 4 on 4 cost us.
Vrana isn't really a 4 the line player. They could maybe get him on the 3rd line for a regular shift. And throw him out there on occasion in the top 6 depending on the situation. After killing a penalty lines get switched up for a couple shifts so the guys killing penalties can get a but of a rest. Throw Vrana in there with Ovi and Kuzy for a shift after Wilson has just killed off a penalty. Might be a bit scary defensively.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I thought we was last game. Unfortunate deflections and screenings are part of the playoffs and I do believe Holtby has been an MVP so far in this series for the Caps. Best thing from this game was watching Ovy score and one of the youngsters get a playoff goal.
For some reason Holtby has been haunted by deflections against this Pens team in the playoffs and that trend is continuing this year. Some if those deflections have been off our own players. Our def needs to do a better job clearing the front if the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad