Post-Game Talk: Game #2 CAPITALS vs penguins @3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
When I initially saw the Wilson hit I thought a suspension was coming. That was from the angle sort of behind. When I then saw it from the front it was pretty clear there was no targeting the head whatsoever. You look at his eyes and he never looked in the direction of Doumalin's head. His shoulder did not come up and from that angle it looked exactly like he was bracing himself.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
It may just be as simple as "we dont think you are the right man for the job anymore", and then him saying "fine, to hell w you then".

All the while he still hasnt gotten past the 2nd round. I'm not one to beat that drum hard, as I like Trotz...but it's a drum that is there, and it will get beaten.

It may be, but that's assuming that it's the organization who is willing to move on.

My suggestion is that I haven't seen anyone indicate that maybe Trotz just doesn't want to come back. Maybe something about working here rubs him the wrong way and he no longer wishes to coach the Capitals. IF that's the case, what would his perspective look like? Why would he choose to leave a team with arguably as much of a chance as anyone else of doing damage? Is it the players, or is it management? Honestly, if it's the former it's probably also the latter, since otherwise you'd just work with management to move the players you don't feel are fitting in, but either way, what would Trotz's opinion be at its arguable "worst"?

That's the mindset of the original post, and of course it was all speculative. It was trying to look at the situation from another angle, and then re-evaluate the motives behind everyone doing what they're doing and see if they make any sense.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Think it's Hunwick. Apparently, he's been no bueno for them.
So I've probably ensured that he'll over-perform now.

If I had a dollar for every time I thought we could exploit a teams 7 or 8D, and their fans are even saying a guy is trash blah blah blah, and it never really materialized.

The young guy/backup coming in has adrenaline pumping and usually does just fine in small doses, but I still think our coaches should be looking to exploit a teams most vulnerable players when we are at home. I know, just stick to the system and all will work out. Adjust only if we lose.

Ok that settles it. Barry should stick a bullseye on their lead punk on the blueline - Letang of course. Hell with just nailing Huney, hit all their D dammit - you can see the fear of Willy alone generates turnovers.

Hitting is the key to the cup! It's why we protected Willy. That, and cause we needed an advatar theme.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Avatar Request: the last hard-check....

A giftar of Dumo getting kaBonged may not go over well on the mains. It's a risk I am willing to take.

Regardless, our threads need that monster hit gif. That may be a series changer. Not only is their Ddepth getting tested, the other D still standing are less thrilled than ever to face Willy. With Ovi on the other side as Willy is closing in, yeah its a helpless situation real quick.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Kinda OT but I was at the game and my GOD did a bunch of other people in my section and I notice how much Crosby was CONSTANTLY talking (crying) to the refs. It was unreal, he couldn't just let crap go

Between every shift, stoppages, etc It was unbelievable.

Let me tell ya, when Crosby was 15 he played at the 2003 USA Hockey Tier I 17 & Under Nationals in Laurel, I lined one of his teams games, and he did it back then too. We would be in the officials dressing room talking about this kid (#9) who would never shut up! :laugh: A couple of the guys asked the coach if he was always like this.

The past is prelude I guess.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

nhl goes into details on wilson hit, nhl followed rule to the letter and you can even see doumolin turn around 4:40

Kypreos was adamant about exactly this and saying if that kind of hit is gonna be a penalty, then you might as well take contact out of the game. The other guys on CBC were arguing with him, and he really was incredulous about it. Glad he (and Willy) were vindicated.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad