Post-Game Talk: GAME #2: Canucks 4, Flames 7 - Heck of a Saturday night

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I don't really care how uneven the powerplays are, you can't have arguably your best forward play below 10 minutes of icetime. It just can't happen.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
I'll be looking for the pivoting of Edler, Guddy, Pouliot.
Will they be easily beat with speed coming down the wings once they pass the blue line
How much hooking and slashing will there be because they got beat and are behind a step

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'll be looking for the pivoting of Edler, Guddy, Pouliot.
Will they be easily beat with speed coming down the wings once they pass the blue line
How much hooking and slashing will there be because they got beat and are behind a step
Calgarys D..even though its superior to the Canucks,has Stone and Prout in their lineup tonight..two players who could also be turnstiled by speed.

I thought the Flames underestimated the Canucks overall speed on Wednesday night,although later in the game they started to kick it up a notch (Johnny Hockey in particular was giving the Canucks D fits).

Obviously,the Flames are going to pour it on tonight right from the get-go.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

I wonder if they're more mad he punched that guy's face in or nailed the other guy.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Didn't Gudbranson already answer the bell by dropping the gloves vs. Hamonic?
I guess he's gotta fight the entire line up. :huh:

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Points for any of

Pettersson
Boeser
Horvat
Goldobin

and I'm happy. Hopefully, we get more than one powerplay.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
4-3 Canucks goals by Boeser Pettersson Horvat and Pouliot

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
I'm less worried about Prout and Peluso jawing at Gudbranson than I am about Neal potentially cheap-shotting somebody. Hopefully, it's a clean match.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I'm less worried about Prout and Peluso jawing at Gudbranson than I am about Neal potentially cheap-shotting somebody. Hopefully, it's a clean match.
I'm hoping our rookie doesn't become a target (you know - him) in a tit for tat scenario. I hate to say it, but that is how I would probably get my payback if I were Calgary, not by fighting Gudbranson.

Sure hope I'm wrong.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I'm hoping our rookie doesn't become a target (you know - him) in a tit for tat scenario. I hate to say it, but that is how I would probably get my payback if I were Calgary, not by fighting Gudbranson.

Sure hope I'm wrong.
Yeah pretty much, if they injure Gudbranson its not really a bad thing for our lineup. But Pettersson, yikes

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Excited for this game. Even more excited to see what Petterson can do with more ice and PP time.

Btw M2B, it will be a triple header. Utica will be playing as well.
Free preview on AHLlive too, if anyone doesn't know yet.$60 bucks will get you alll Utica games all season too.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I think the Flames actions aren't actually about bloodthirst but about winning hockey games.

Gudbranson really set the tone for the last game and the Flames looked terrible for it. Physicality still has a place in today's NHL provided the player can skate and play. Watching the Jets, they absolutely dominate teams physically and it's part of what makes them so damn good. Watching the playoffs last year, Boston absolutely destroyed Toronto physically and ended up winning the series pretty easily.

They're bringing up these goons so they don't lose that part of the game to us anymore. I hope that's what it is, at least. It's going to be interesting for sure. Keep your head up Elias.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think the Flames actions aren't actually about bloodthirst but about winning hockey games.

Gudbranson really set the tone for the last game and the Flames looked terrible for it. Physicality still has a place in today's NHL provided the player can skate and play. Watching the Jets, they absolutely dominate teams physically and it's part of what makes them so damn good. Watching the playoffs last year, Boston absolutely destroyed Toronto physically and ended up winning the series pretty easily.

They're bringing up these goons so they don't lose that part of the game to us anymore. I hope that's what it is, at least. It's going to be interesting for sure. Keep your head up Elias.
The Flames fanbase has been tying themselves in knots over the Guddy hit/fight...Precisely what Canuck fans were doing when Ferland etc were taking it to us ...and we had no antidote.

The shoe is on the other foot now...

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
The Flames fanbase has been tying themselves in knots over the Guddy hit/fight...Precisely what Canuck fans were doing when Ferland etc were taking it to us ...and we had no antidote.

The shoe is on the other foot now...

I remember that. Ferland could've been their MVP in that series.

Big hits and physicality definitely still have an impact in the NHL, just not as much as it used to. I think if a team can play physical and rough and hit to hurt without getting penalties, they're definitely going to have an advantage. Also, seeing your top prospect get hit hard, and then your 'tough' D in Hamonic get punched out probably isn't great for the confidence of the rest of the guys. I think it plays into the mental game.

I watched the entire Toronto Boston series last year in the playoffs and you could see it in the Leafs. They were afraid. Boston kept cranking them and running them and they had no response.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad