Post-Game Talk: Game #2 Canada vs Austria|Game Over - No Score Allowed|Team Canada is My Valentine.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Nothing else on , have only watched this period so far, just got home from school.

Thought we were Germany with those jerseys .

Do your homework then. No point of watching a BORING hockey game, now is there! :rant:

Oh, and finish off all the Pizza Pockets in the fridge!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Homework is more boring . Boring > More boring.

Is that Glen Healy ... ?

Going to school is the BEST part of your LIFE. Get a good education, because, when YOU have to start paying the BILLS, a good job, and income, comes in real handy! :nod:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
People complained when Canada didn't blowout Norway, now they're complaining about how boring this blowout is.

TheThrill81*

Not surprisingly, Canada wins in a blowout and dominates the game from start to finish. Makes all those overreactions after the game vs Norway seem even more ridiculous now. :)

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Canada wins 3-1 against Norway, people complain. Canada wins 6-0 against Austria, people complain.

The team looks like they're adapting well to the ice and to each other. Blue line is once again impressive and may play a big part in the offense moving forward if they get the chance to face stronger teams.

Oh and those jersey's confused the hell out of me. When I turned on the game I saw the black jerseys score and thought it was Austria until I saw that the scored showed one more goal for Canada. I hope they don't wear those black jerseys again..they looked awful.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I think the jerseys would have looked even nicer if they had the maple leaf on the front instead of just "CANADA". I still liked the jerseys though.

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
I liked this version of the Black jerseys better than the previous ones from pre-2006, and the Turin 2006 one.

The gold works well with the red, and the simple CANADA just works on it. The Team Canada logo/leaf looks more busy/cluttered on black than it does for red/white. In this instance, the simple CANADA works, which while it probably wouldn't on a red or white jersey.

The only thing I despise is the socks for all 3 jerseys. I just really hate the look of having the main color of the jersey/sock BELOW another colour. (picture the retro Mighty Duck purple, or the Capitals until they changed this year).

Bluejaysfan*

How has Nash looked. Didn't get a chance to see either game..

He has been good so far, generating chances...I think he was on the pk today and he made a couple nice plays while pking, had a chance for a shorty on a 2 on 1 with Toews.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The black uniform is clearly the nicest one. I really don't like the way the red uniform looks. It is bad as just a sweater, but even worse as a full uniform.

Have we seen the whites yet? I know the men haven't worn it, and I don't recall seeing the women in it either.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The black uniform is clearly the nicest one. I really don't like the way the red uniform looks. It is bad as just a sweater, but even worse as a full uniform.

Have we seen the whites yet? I know the men haven't worn it, and I don't recall seeing the women in it either.

the woman have worn the whites. it literally looks like Petro Canada. I like the Blacks, but I always like our blacks. (I don't know when we really started adopting black as a nation's colour, but whatevs)

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
the woman have worn the whites. it literally looks like Petro Canada. I like the Blacks, but I always like our blacks. (I don't know when we really started adopting black as a nation's colour, but whatevs)

I think that's why I dislike them. I don't understand how it came to be such an overwhelming amount of black on the uniform. I'm used to the combination of red, white and black. I prefer colour blocking with uniforms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad