Post-Game Talk: Game #2 Canada vs Austria|Game Over - No Score Allowed|Team Canada is My Valentine.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Game Notes:

- Both PK Subban and Matt Duchene are expected to enter the lineup

- Patricl Sharp (confirmed) and Dam Hamhuis (expected) a are the scratches today.

- Roberto Luongo starts, while Mike Smith will back up

1891235_773430136017698_1177216545_n.png

Go Canada Go!

Last edited:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Rout the Austrians. Win 10-0, don't let Vanek get any space, and make Arnold Schwarzenegger go home soaked in his own tears.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Rout the Austrians. Win 10-0, don't let Vanek get any space, and make Arnold Schwarzenegger go home soaked in his own tears.

Just win the game. They don't need to exert themselves any more than they have to. Save the BIG ENERGY for when it really, really matters. Blowouts against weaker teams really don't win you games against the stronger opponents.

10-0 would be nice as long as you save some energy for later games. Injuries can also be a factor if you try to do too much against weak teams.

JMHO.

Domination is all I ask for. Please and thankyou

Save the domination for Russia and the U.S.A!

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Hopefully they don`t look like a bunch of spoiled brats, like they did today.

Team cohesiveness needs to pick up considerably. If this team plays like they give a ****, the gold medal is in the bag.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Team cohesiveness needs to pick up considerably. If this team plays like they give a ****, the gold medal is in the bag.

Really? I thought they played pretty well after the sluggish 1st period. Their goalie was a wall though.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Don't you think they need a little time to adjust to the huge time change, the Olympic atmosphere, the living conditions and culture change, playing for a different coach, playing with different teammates?

A little premature to be calling them any names yet.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Duchene-Crosby-Tavares (YOLO)
Nash-Toews-Sharp
Benn-Getzlaf-Perry
Kunitz-Bergeron-Marleau/Carter

Lets go, get Kunitz and Carter off that first line.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Don't you think they need a little time to adjust to the huge time change, the Olympic atmosphere, the living conditions and culture change, playing for a different coach, playing with different teammates?

Yes because it took our rivals, USA, took so much time to get acclimated with such things. they only won by 6 against a team that is much much better than norway.

I guess they didn't have to get used to a new coach, new atmosphere, new time zone INSERT EXCUSE HERE etc.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
Can't wait. I work for an austrian based company here in Montreal and we have a bunch of them here for work. Time to drag them to the sports bar for a 'working' 3hr lunch...

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Nash-Toews-Sharp
Benn-Getzlaf-Perry

I like this line up. Most underrated player is Bergeron though. Man that guy is a beauty. I was impressed by Benn. That guy is a ferocious beast. He is a physical monster with skill.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Yes because it took our rivals, USA, took so much time to get acclimated with such things. they only won by 6 against a team that is much much better than norway.

I guess they didn't have to get used to a new coach, new atmosphere, new time zone INSERT EXCUSE HERE etc.

Halak was giving up beach balls to the US in the Slovak net while Haugen was a brick wall for the Norwegians. Interesting what a hot goalie can do...

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Kunitz - Crosby - Tavares
Benn - Toews - Sharp
Nash - Getzlaf - Perry
Duchene - Bergeron - Marleau

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Just win the game. They don't need to exert themselves any more than they have to. Save the BIG ENERGY for when it really, really matters. Blowouts against weaker teams really don't win you games against the stronger opponents.

10-0 would be nice as long as you save some energy for later games. Injuries can also be a factor if you try to do too much against weak teams.

JMHO.

Save the domination for Russia and the U.S.A!

By playing hard now we can get rest later, these games against lesser opponents are pretty important still.

The top team from each of the 3 groups gets a bye straight to the quarterfinals, and then the team with the best record from the remaining teams gets the bye as well. The tiebreaker to determine this best team is goal differential.

Canada is in a group with Finland, so if we lose to Finland we are likely competeing with either Russia or USA for that other bye. USA already has a +6 goal differential, we need to try and catch up.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Halak was giving up beach balls to the US in the Slovak net while Haugen was a brick wall for the Norwegians. Interesting what a hot goalie can do...

Excuses don't win medals. Hoping for a better performance tomorrow. We all know that this team has it in them.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

It's HFBoards.. it's never too early to over-react.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
By playing hard now we can get rest later, these games against lesser opponents are pretty important still.

The top team from each of the 3 groups gets a bye straight to the quarterfinals, and then the team with the best record from the remaining teams gets the bye as well. The tiebreaker to determine this best team is goal differential.

Canada is in a group with Finland, so if we lose to Finland we are likely competeing with either Russia or USA for that other bye. USA already has a +6 goal differential, we need to try and catch up.

Or they could win the group and get the bye without worrying about goal differential.. seriously, if they win every game 1-0 and they win the group, what does it matter?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
It scares me that with all of that amazing talent Canada has that we cant find one guy that can play with Sid... Kessel would be amazing with him. Tavares looked very slow out their, Nash and Kunitz looked lost and Carter was brutal.

Duchene - Crosby - Marleau
Benn - Toews - Sharp
St.Louis- Getzlaf - Perry
Nash - Bergeron - Tavares

kunitz, carter

honestly the Kessel line is probably better then the Crosby line and so is the Kane line. Im not panicking its one game against a trap team but Im just pointing out a couple changes I would like to see... I think Duchene will explode on this ice.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
I really like Duchene. I was surprised to not see him in the lineup today. These first three game are going to be like practices for Canada. then the real challenge starts! GO CANADA!!

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Nash-Toews-Sharp
Benn-Getzlaf-Perry

+1

i like these lines also. crosby and tavares would be awesome together... and duchene i think will be great on this ice with his speed and skill. duchene is way better than a lot of people who played today

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad