Mar 15, 2018
For me it is...
1. Girard
2A. Cole
2B. Barrie
4. Nemeth (has been surprisingly good)
5. Zadorov
6. EJ

Cole has been better than usual, but not good.

I think it's easier to put them in tiers.

Girard

Z / Barrie / Nemeth / Barrie

Cole

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Cole has been better than usual, but not good.

I think it's easier to put them in tiers.

Girard

Z / Barrie / Nemeth / Barrie

Cole

Disagree. Cole has been good defensively and showed on-ice leadership on many occasions. Bad penalties happen.

Honestly our 2 worst dmen so far could very well be EJ and Barrie.

Reactions: Avsboy

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Disagree. Cole has been good defensively and showed on-ice leadership on many occasions. Bad penalties happen.

Honestly our 2 worst dmen so far could very well be EJ and Barrie.
Cole took a dumb penalty 2 mins into OT, and gave the puck away twice before MacKinnon scored. We're lucky they didn't score

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
The thing about that Cole penalty though is that exact play happens at least 20 times a game.

The only time it’s called is when the player getting hit goes down.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
f*** Sam Bennett forever. God I hate that Lanny wannabe.

Great game, Avs looked fast, and the best part is, they used a lot more ice. Instead of just moving it along the boards and going with a generic high-low offense, they were cycling the puck like mad. Only thing they gotta do better is crash the net and get some shots in close. No coincidence they scored the tying goal when they did precisely that. This is especially true on the power play. They kept ripping shots from the perimeter to no avail. Smith can save those (in overly dramatic fashion) all day long, especially if his teammates are clearing rebounds effectively.

I know I wasn't the only one who noticed EJ had a disastrous game. During one of those great cycles the play just seemed to die, twice, on his stick. Not to mention the two dumb turnovers by him that nearly ended the game, or the horrid flop that led to the power play goal against. He has GOT to step it up for this upcoming game with Sammy out.

Regardless, you want your best players to step up when it matters most, and Nate MacKinnon did precisely that. And it can't be understated how vital it was that Philipp Grubauer came up with the big saves, especially that very last one, to secure that OT win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad