GDT: Game 2: Avalanche @ Flames 8:30pm MT - A GAME OF ICE & FIRE

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Ditto. Only difference is that it was 3:30 where I live and my wife is 8 months pregnant lol.

Mine is 5 months. When I came to bed all she said was, “it’s 3am.” Rolled over, went back to sleep. Message received.

She’s been asking me how I feel all day. Been lying and telling her I’m not hungover to save face.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
I may be misremembering this because of the booze but does anyone else recall Tkachuk going for a reverse hit on Z later in the game and Z just rolled right over him like a snowplow?

That was pretty great

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
So it seems that the boston-toronto game was similar to ours in that refs werent calling certain things they needed to. I understand its playoff hockey but that elbow cole got to his head and the check from behind brassard got that put him into his own net, the cheap shot bennet did to Girard, mack getting shoved around when he didnt even follow through to the goalie....its pretty ridiculous and leads me to believe they call things a certain way for a reason.

Can tape of this stuff be submitted for review?

I give props to our guys because i would have a very hard time not retaliating

I'd be extremely surprised if Sakic wasn't on the phone with the league after that game. 3+ more games of multiple suspension worthy plays from Calagary and the Avs will be icing almost as many Eagles as Avs.

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
Commentator said last night that after Cole was cut from the Bennett hit, he didn't want the trainer to work on it because it would mean that he would have to miss a shift. What a warrior!

It also is a consistent reminder to the refs at how bad they were sucking at their job, and hopefully works against them when their deciding what refs get important playoff games in the future.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
What happened to Z in the OT (it appeared to be the first shift or so)? He was okay later but was bleeding from the mouth and shaken up after the shift.

I thought the hit on Girard was clean, perhaps it should have been a charging. The hit on Cole was a Dallas Drake special and should have been penalized IMO.

For a game so lopsided in favor of one team, seeing the Refs look the other way on those plays while giving the Flames a late 3rd period PP and an early OT PP was incredibly frustating.

Reactions: Avs

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I may be misremembering this because of the booze but does anyone else recall Tkachuk going for a reverse hit on Z later in the game and Z just rolled right over him like a snowplow?

That was pretty great

Happened a few times where Tkachuk tried to hit him and ended up on the ice. It was beautiful.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
MACK!! You beautiful son of a bitch!! Loved the way the Avs dominated the 3rd. Any news on G?

Yeah, had to leave after two periods this AM, just finished watching it on the laptop :nod:

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So glad to see the Avs get the split.

With Calgary playing in the mile high city, we all know what happens to Flames when they don't get oxygen.

They get extinguished. :DD

Good luck in the home games!!

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
What happened to Z in the OT (it appeared to be the first shift or so)? He was okay later but was bleeding from the mouth and shaken up after the shift.

I thought the hit on Girard was clean, perhaps it should have been a charging. The hit on Cole was a Dallas Drake special and should have been penalized IMO.

For a game so lopsided in favor of one team, seeing the Refs look the other way on those plays while giving the Flames a late 3rd period PP and an early OT PP was incredibly frustating.
Z caught a high stick that didn't get called.

Problem with the hit on Girard is that Bennett jumped into him. Agreed on the Cole hit. On the whole I don't think the officiating was too lopsided, but there were some things that can't be let go - these kinds of dangerous hits aren't the game we watch anymore.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Z took a high stick, another missed call.

The fact that series is tied at one with how lopsided the reffing has been, is a minor miracle for the Avs. I really hope for the NHLs sake this changes and the calls start evening out. Cause right now it's not a good look for the NHL. Letting Calgary commit murder and even injuring our guys and calling nothing. When you're giving crucial PPs to the other team when we so much as breathe on them.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Z caught a high stick that didn't get called.

Problem with the hit on Girard is that Bennett jumped into him. Agreed on the Cole hit. On the whole I don't think the officiating was too lopsided, but there were some things that can't be let go - these kinds of dangerous hits aren't the game we watch anymore.

Personally, I don't mind them letting those plays go uncalled since it is playoff hockey. I am old school in that regard.

But I don't agree with letting the calls go and then giving the Flames huge opportunities to win a game with two late calls in a game they had no business winning. I think this is what felt inconsistent to me, particularly in light of the lopsided nature of the game in terms of possession.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The BSN guys are dead silent about Girard. They talked to Sakic about Makar today (could have asked), Bednar yesterday at the presser and all that stuff and won't answer any tweet regarding Girard. Not even a "we don't know".

That sucks.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The BSN guys are dead silent about Girard. They talked to Sakic about Makar today (could have asked), Bednar yesterday at the presser and all that stuff and won't answer any tweet regarding Girard. Not even a "we don't know".

That sucks.

Who spoke to Sakic? If you're referring to Dater's tweet, he just took Sakic's quote from the press release and tweeted it. Also, Bednar always responds to injury questions by saying he hasn't spoken to the trainers yet because that's the perfect out. It didn't look good though and it wouldn't be a surprise if he's out.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Who spoke to Sakic? If you're referring to Dater's tweet, he just took Sakic's quote from the press release and tweeted it. Also, Bednar always responds to injury questions by saying he hasn't spoken to the trainers yet because that's the perfect out. It didn't look good though and it wouldn't be a surprise if he's out.
Yeah I'm not saying they hide something but they would probably know if he was OK and would reply to tweets. So that doesn't look good.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah I'm not saying they hide something but they would probably know if he was OK and would reply to tweets. So that doesn't look good.

Especially since they've been all over that stuff in the past. It is almost like no one else realizes something happened except for this board.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->