GDT: Game #19 St. Louis Blues @ Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Would I like Halak to play better? Of course, but this Capitals team has capitalized on their chances. The Blues need to regroup and just keep being pushing and try to wear down the Caps. Hopefully jump right on their mistakes and bury them. This will definitely take a team effort.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Yes and I know people don't like this excuse but we played less than 24 hours ago.

Can't ignore that.

The Blues definitely look a stride behind. It's not just Halak's play. The Blues' defence just let Ovechkin glide into their zone with no one anywhere near him. When he has unlimited time to wind up on his shot like that, it's very tough for a goalie to pick up the shot and react on time.

Despite Halak not stopping the second and third goals, the team has not possessed the puck enough, and has not kept up with The Caps on defence. The latter have had much too much room and time with that room.

I can only hope that The Blues can find their legs and scratch their way back into this game.

intangible

Apr 28, 2010
Totally agree, he has played so underwhelming his last several starts. I don't know if it's like another poster mentioned, and he's just disinterested. Or if he's playing with the groin giving him problems again, maybe both. But either way, despite giving up the 2 SHG last night, I think Elliot has been minding the better net, and should probably be playing in the number one spot right now while they figure out what's going on with Jaro.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who's noticed. I often get seen as an anti-Halak guy, and, sure I am.. but there's definitely been something going on the last few games. He's been staying back in his crease, not controlling his rebounds, and just looks fairly disinterested.

Also agreed with the head case comment. Only Halak isn't even remotely as interesting, lol.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If you're going to lose a fight, trip the guy and fall on top of him.
Lol pretty much. Why even drop the gloves then, Wilson? You bum.

Sobotka though! If we can get one more this period at least we're right back in it. C'mon boys.

For leading 3-1 I am not impressed with Washington.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
A little adversity will help this team. Kicking everybody's ass every night won't help them. Need to see what it's like playing from behind and not having your legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad