GDT: Game #19 St. Louis Blues @ Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Backes has 8 goals and 20 points. That projects to about 35 goals and 85 points for the season. So, we can't say that NO ONE else is stepping up. Tarasenko has 6 goals, and has been lokking much better lately. He should be piling up goals when Steen slows down, especially when opponents will be shadowing Steen on the PP. Tarasenko, Roy, Backes, Oshie and others will have operating room. So will his own linemates (Oshie and Backes) at even strength.

I was really referring to nobody outside the top line producing.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, it's one line. Backes and Oshie are playing well but of course they are going to have a lot of assists right now when Steen is on their line.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Couple things to remember. If you've got two guys (Steen and Backes) who finish the season at some kind of .85PPG pace you know you're scoring ahead of prior year average provided the rest are performing about the same. The defensive scoring production is up, guys like Stewart, Berglund and the Perron LW replacement are down. (Schwartz really didn't take Perron's minutes; he took McDonald's, and Tarasenko simply glided past Stewart the essential scoring leader on the depth chart in terms of minutes.)

If Steen goes through a drought and nobody steps up and the team slumps, the anger at Stewart and Berglund is going to become pointed.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
If Steen and Backes slow down, I think players will step up to an extent, but not to fully recover the scoring lost. That's why I still think this team needs to acquire a scorer.

Some players are going to slow down and some will hit hotsteaks, that's part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->