Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - Much Better!!!!!! BRUINS 4 NYR 1 F

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Ya I thought they played well together the past few games. Not sure if they played together in Providence last year (@BruinsNetwork @Saxon Eric), but it'll be interesting to see if they keep them together and how they do.

Just feel both players are doing fine, but they both need to get a lot stronger on the puck . lets see how well they do against a team like Washington.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
For sure. Pulling his opponent's jumper over his head is a go-to move for Lemieux in fights. He did it to get the jump on Frederic and he used it here to stop Ritchie's momentum when he was getting thoroughly mauled by the big guy. It's a cheap move but it's hard to stop. Ritchie did the right thing giving himself some space to get the bout started, but you're going to come together pretty quick in a modern NHL fight no matter how you kick off, and that's where any Bs players are going to need to be ready for that jumper pull if we're going to keep throwing down with this guy.
When Ritchie feels like he can kick the shit out of anyone. Not saying he’ll win but every but he’ll win most of them. I’m talking in a bruins uniform. Both deals for Ritchie and Coyle look real good. A light bulb went on in Ritchie’s head. If he can give you 20 goals and play physical for the most part not all the time because you want to be fresh. Sweeney’s trades have been good player fo player or players. Not talking drafting or picks.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Just feel both players are doing fine, but they both need to get a lot stronger on the puck . lets see how well they do against a team like Washington.
Washington isn’t this unbeatable team. But first off they need Miller back on the bottom pairing. Because with him injured are bottom 5/6 has struggled. I’m not into the name game but we know who they are lol .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Making the rest of the fanbase look bad.
It was only a couple of posters but I was there years ago when Bergy was lying on the ice and we thought he was dead. He was very young. I did not like anyone posting that someone should hit him in the head with a baseball bat.

I do realize most of the posters for NYR are not like that.

I have had some decent conversations with a few over the years.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
It was only a couple of posters but I was there years ago when Bergy was lying on the ice and we thought he was dead. He was very young. I did not like anyone posting that someone should hit him in the head with a baseball bat.

I do realize most of the posters for NYR are not like that.

I have had some decent conversations with a few over the years.
I can't imagine what it was like being there.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I just read through the Rags GDT. There were a couple of posts that should not have been allowed. One was to hit Bergie in the head with a baseball bat ( I reported...it is gone but never should have been allowed to stay as long as it did). and this gem "Randy Jones deserves an apology from me." Talk about needing a hit to the head with a baseball bat...

VERY ignorant. It was just a few posters. I don't think most of their posts were any worse that they are here after a loss. Those few were really poor and the posters assholes.
their board, like ours, is fair, all team boards have their outliers....

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I can't imagine what it was like being there.
Fans were crying and praying. It seemed like he was lying there for a very long time. He was so young.

Muzz looked like he wanted to cry. My sister and I were terrified. Claude was upset.

I remember Marc Savard hardly left Bergy's side on the ice and helped load him on the stretcher . It is weird that in a few years Bergy would be jumping over the boards when cooke nailed Savvy. I don't think I have ever seen Bergy as pissed off as that day when Savvy was lying on the ice.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Patient Trent Frederic’s offensive game starting to pack some punch - The Boston Globe

At the final horn at Madison Square Garden on Sunday Bruins left wing Nick Ritchie (No. 21) traded bareknuckle shots with Rangers wing Brendan Lemieux (No. 48) in a brief Original Six throwback dustup.
It was over quickly, and no doubt provided a bit of oldtime NHL entertainment for the national viewing audience.
As for Bruins rookie Trent Frederic, whose perpetual smile only widens when there’s a whiff of a fight in the air, he sounded slightly disappointed that he hadn’t drawn the dance with the son of ex-NHL bad guy Claude Lemieux.
“Yeah, hopefully, I get another shot at … uh … uh … No. 48,” Frederic said. “I don’t have enough goals for him, I guess, so we’ll see.”

Ritchie has six goals while Frederic, his offensive beginning to blossom, scored his second of the season for a 2-0 lead in the first period. Frederic’s remark implied that Lemieux would prefer to take on bigger fish.

Meanwhile, Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy increasingly likes how Frederic’s game is developing.
“Yeah, he’s starting to annoy people. He’s a big body that can back it up,” said Cassidy, who saw Frederic a month ago go toe-to-toe with Caps behemoth Tom Wilson. “We’re seeing growth in his game. He’s getting some points … he’s around the puck a lot more and he’s shooting more.”

“It’s a good thing for our team,” Cassidy said. “As advertised … when he was drafted, we knew he’d be a big body who could play inside, obviously needed some developing and now you are seeing a bit of the edge to his game. He’s certainly vocal now, getting people’s attention and willing to back it up.”

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Judging from that quote it seems like Lemieux is making excuses to Freddy lol

well the production is almost identical now so good luck making that excuse going forward Brendan!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The Bobby Clarke hatchet job on Kharlamov was still one of the most disgusting things I’ve seen in International competition, but that’s for another thread.....
That was bad and in that series Boris Mikhailov kicked Gary Bergman so bad he shredded his knee pads. No one takes the cake like Luis Suarez, the vampire, three bizarre biting incidents

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
That was bad and in that series Boris Mikhailov kicked Gary Bergman so bad he shredded his knee pads. No one takes the cake like Luis Suarez, the vampire, three bizarre biting incidents

LOL. I was limiting my comments to international hockey.

If you want to bring soccer into the conversation, you open up a whole new level of disgusting behavior (and I'm a huge soccer fan). But again, that's probably best saved for another thread.

Reactions: Sevendust

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
No excuse for that crap. Imagine the outrage if Lewis or Suggs had put a cheapshot on Brady and broken an arm on him in the PO. What Clark did isn't remotely sport.
I have a hard time comparing the Summit Series to an NFL playoff game.

I'm certainly not condoning what happened. All I’m saying is that I can see why that happened.

Like I said; if I played for Team USA against our biggest enemy - not “rival” - but enemy, and I was booed off the ice in Boston; Philadelphia; New York; or Chicago, it would really bother me. A lot. If being down 1-2-1, getting booed off the ice in your own country, and having many of your countrymen say they were ashamed of you wouldn’t really get under your skin, then you are a far better man than I, and I owe you a drink should we ever cross paths.

Reactions: BMC

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
“Yeah, hopefully, I get another shot at … uh … uh … No. 48,” Frederic said. “I don’t have enough goals for him, I guess, so we’ll see.”

now Freddy has pulled ahead of him in goals with a monstrous 2. The unstoppable force meets the immovable object

Ok , your talking about Lemieux , I thought you meant he pulled ahead of Ritchie .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad