Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - Much Better!!!!!! BRUINS 4 NYR 1 F

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Looks like we need Fenway working all Bruins games on NBC and keep Moore out of the lineup and we win.

Thoughts form today's game. The 3rd line looked really good, Stud gets a lot of chances, but he needs to start burying them, he could have had 5-6 goals the past 3 games. McKegg well he provides little more snarl than say Lindholm who was really a only good on the PK. I know some will not agree with these 2 things, but I like Kampfer much more than Moore and I would actually take Kuhlman over either of Blidh or Wagner, he provides the same sort of grinding 4th line type game, but has at least a little more offensive upside in that he does get some shots on goal or attempts anyway.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Studnicka looks really good at center. I don't think you can send him back down, and I don't think you want him on the 4th line. Do you play Coyle on his wing when Krejci is back?

Also, can we please keep John Moore away from the lineup for a while. All the team does is win when he sits.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Screenshot_20210228-131751~2.png
Whenever Debrusk is on the ice this is what I see.

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Does anybody know what the benefit of pulling your goalie is in terms of percentage of it being successful? Because in the 3 or 4 years I am watching hockey I have seen it pay off very rarely, more often than not the team pulling the goalie just ends up conceding. I know it makes no difference whether you loose by one or two so you can reason you may as well try it but surely the benefit of having an extra attacker is negated by having an open net? Or is there data that backs up pulling your goalie? Genuinely interested.

Success rate is about 12% in one goal deficit games, success being a win or overtime loss. The scoring rate per 60 minutes 6x5 is about the same as a 5x4 PP, around 6 goals per 60 min. Given the scoring rate 5x5 is 2.3 goals per 60 minutes, it is most certainly an advantage, even taking into account that per 60 minutes of 5 vs open net, 19 goals are scored into the empty net.

Here's a link with far more than anyone would want to know:

The State of Goalie Pulling in the NHL.

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Success rate is about 12% in one goal deficit games, success being a win or overtime loss. The scoring rate per 60 minutes 6x5 is about the same as a 5x4 PP, around 6 goals per 60 min. Given the scoring rate 5x5 is 2.3 goals per 60 minutes, it is most certainly an advantage, even taking into account that per 60 minutes of 5 vs open net, 19 goals are scored into the empty net.

Here's a link with far more than anyone would want to know:

The State of Goalie Pulling in the NHL.
Nice find!

Reactions: rfournier103

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Watched my favorite George Lucas film last night. American Graffiti. In this fine movie, the two main characters, Ron Howard and Richard Dreyfus, portrayed 18 year old HS graduates. In real life Howard was 19 at the time, which makes sense. However, Dreyfus was passing for 18 at the real age of 26.
However, Dreyfus wasn't the oldest 'teenager' in film; Dustin Hoffman played 18 at the real age of 30 in the movie The Graduate.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

nORRis8

Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Also, remember what happened after the most famous "Why isn't the goalie pulled???" incident in the history of the game:

View attachment 401651

That's right, the USSR coach was so used to winning, he forgot to pull the goalie when down by one in the last minutes of the game.

Even in the '72 Summit Series when Canada went up 6-5 with 34 seconds left, Russia never thought of yanking off Tretiak. (no pun intended)

Reactions: jgatie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad