PGT: Game 19: Canada 1 - Russia 2

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Bouchard and Comtois the whipping boys it seems. It’s ok guys. Canada will bounce back and be better for this loss. Gotta have some faith. I bet both players play a big role in getting us gold.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Smith played horribly too. He should be added to that list
Smith was on for 0 goals against, so no, he shouldn't. He didn't have a perfect game and flubbed quite a few passes, but none of his errors caused scoring chances against or caused a goal against.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Bouchard is a joke and always will be. Never should have been a 1st round pick.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Game could've easily gone either way.. If it wasn't for russian goalie being amazing at times Canada would've been up 3:1 after the 2nd..
But Russia was more clutch when it mattered

Reactions: Statsy

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Smith was on for 0 goals against, so no, he shouldn't. He didn't have a perfect game and flubbed quite a few passes, but none of his errors caused scoring chances against or caused a goal against.
He gave up a break way. I think that is a scoring chance.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
A tight-checking game that could have gone either way. Canada broke down defensively when it counted and that's why Russia grabbed the W. Two very even teams by tonight's account.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Bouchard and Comtois the whipping boys it seems. It’s ok guys. Canada will bounce back and be better for this loss. Gotta have some faith. I bet both players play a big role in getting us gold.
I’m not holding my breath getting past the quarters, let alone gold.

The fact of the matter, is if you objectively look at this team, it isn’t very good.

This has been reinforced by the fact we’ve only played two talented teams between the pre tourney and round robin games, and we lost both.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I wonder what happened to Studnicka before the tourney started. He was the best player in the camp and was good in the University series on the 2nd line. Tourney starts and he is an extra or 4th liner

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

Both deserve the criticisms they are getting. Comotios diving is going to cost Canada a game, if it didn't already. Bouchard is gifted minutes while being a disaster and not even being good at what he was brought on the team for right now. His play on the game winning goal was pretty horrible. As was his D partner who is another issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad