PGT: Game 19: Canada 1 - Russia 2

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Bouchard and Comtois the whipping boys it seems. It’s ok guys. Canada will bounce back and be better for this loss. Gotta have some faith. I bet both players play a big role in getting us gold.
Bouchard will see the gif and be better because of it.

How many teams have gone undefeated to win Gold?

If Canada wins Gold, wonderful. If not, the world won't end.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
goaltending was clearly not Canada's issue tonight.

Honestly this was the first full game I had watched, but there seems to be no chemistry within the lines, the offense seems very lackluster in comparison to other years.

Why is Veleno not getting more ice time? Should he not be one of the top players of this group?
Hunter doesn't appear to be a very good coach. I'll take it back if he gets Canada organized for when the games matter, but they do look quite sloppy

Reactions: Kelly

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Just got back from the game @ Rogers. Saw a team that was supposed to be fast and skilled unable to make any skilled plays with the puck or pass it. In past years, we would've been able to fall back to a heavier, grittier game, but because this team only has maybe 2 grinders, we have no clue what to do when our supposed skill gets shut down. Player after player was swiping at the puck instead of using their bodies. We have 4 lines of soft players and it's not going to get us far if we don't play a heavier game with our speed.

Reactions: Chris McKinlay

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I’m not holding my breath getting past the quarters, let alone gold.

The fact of the matter, is if you objectively look at this team, it isn’t very good.

This has been reinforced by the fact we’ve only played two talented teams between the pre tourney and round robin games, and we lost both.

None of the teams this year are really good.

A confidence building win in the QF would be just what the doctor ordered. If not...

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Sweden has been undefeated in the Round Robin for 10 years now. They have 1 Gold.

Whatever is going to happen, will happen.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Just got back from the game @ Rogers. Saw a team that was supposed to be fast and skilled unable to make any skilled plays with the puck or pass it. In past years, we would've been able to fall back to a heavier, grittier game, but because this team only has maybe 2 grinders, we have no clue what to do when our supposed skill gets shut down. Player after player was swiping at the puck instead of using their bodies. We have 4 lines of soft players and it's not going to get us far if we don't play a heavier game with our speed.
There's nothing like actually being there. You see so much more big picture than on the tube. I did think the body checking was ultra lite too. That nice standup hit by Entwistle was great but rare in this game.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Bouchard will see the gif and be better because of it.

How many teams have gone undefeated to win Gold?

If Canada wins Gold, wonderful. If not, the world won't end.
Off the top of my head?

05, 06, 07, 09, 15 all went undefeated

That’s just Canada

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Because of 4 junior hockey games?
4 junior games have shown he can’t produce against teams that aren’t bottom feeder OHL teams. He was like a 26 year old man against 15 year olds. One of the worst scouting mistakes of the decade.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Off the top of my head?

05, 06, 07, 09, 15 all went undefeated

That’s just Canada
For every example you give, I can give 2+.

Anyway, the game is over and Canada needs to regroup. I have no problem losing a tough one the way they did. Canada was the better team but couldn't catch a break.

Tonight was a character builder.

If they meet Russia, again, and the Russian goalie stands on his head, it wasn't meant to be.

If they meet Russia, again, and Canada plays the way they did tonight - with a lucky bounce or two, they should win.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Team Russia looked good.. considering they had played yesterday and had to win from behind with some adversity.

Reactions: Jtown

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Nothing wrong with doing things the hard way. Just makes you appreciate it more. US or Finland is going to feel the wrath!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->