PGT: Game 19: Canada 1 - Russia 2

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It’s not the end of the world, Canada doesn’t have to go undefeated to win gold. Step off the damn ledge people. Jeez.
Agree. An easy QF match would have been nice but this loss may be a positive. Better now than later in the week.

I thought Canada was the better team after the first (far better in the 2nd) but they could get any pucks through. They also didn't get even one lucky bounce.

It is what it is.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You have to admit that Smith played bad today. He didn't have a decent game
I don't think he played bad, but it definitely wasn't his best game. He flubbed quite a few passes, but was much better defensively than Bouchard or Phillips were.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I don't think he played bad, but it definitely wasn't his best game. He flubbed quite a few passes, but was much better defensively than Bouchard or Phillips were.
Not good when you have to compare his game to an individuals who played badly together

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Bouchard and Comtois the whipping boys it seems. It’s ok guys. Canada will bounce back and be better for this loss. Gotta have some faith. I bet both players play a big role in getting us gold.
I'm with you. This is exactly what the WJC can allow, time to fix things and improve.
As for 'whipping boys' I kind of always disliked that term because it seems to insinuate that the criticism is not deserved. As for Comtois, my advice would be grow up and help your team. You won't get another chance to captain your nation's team, and you might try to change your course a bit so you don't have to look back in later years and facepalm yourself. Diving is a binary thing in the good or bad category. It is always bad.
Bouchard needs some coaching. He is a black hole offensively when he could do much more.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Shen with the awesome goal and protecting the lead in the end, not a bad 7th round find by the Bruins

Reactions: 1OApick

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Not enough gamebreakers up front, couldn't bury a goal to save their life

They lit up the scoreboard against a very weak Denmark. Struggled to score against the Swiss. Did better against weak goaltending from the Czechs. Only one goal against Russia.

It looks like the inability to score will be the downfall of this team.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Dp let in 2 goals and had a massive break away save
And potg
Holy
goaltending was clearly not Canada's issue tonight.

Honestly this was the first full game I had watched, but there seems to be no chemistry within the lines, the offense seems very lackluster in comparison to other years.

Why is Veleno not getting more ice time? Should he not be one of the top players of this group?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Russia’s D was much better tonight then they were against the Swiss.
They were better all around than they were against the Swiss. Switzerland controlled the play most of the game 5on5, but Russia killed them in special teams. Not the case in the game tonight.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Russia surprised me after that crazy game last night, thought they would be running on fumes.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I honestly find Tippett to be an infuriating player to watch. There are far more moments that I get frustrated by him than being impressed.

And yet he gets prasied by the coach as one of the better forwards so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->