Post-Game Talk: Game 19: Bruins 2 ...Leafs 0. Big Z and Tuukka lead the way

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Beleskey's game shouldn't go unnoticed tonight. Anyone who get's on him aren't paying attention.

Seriously I love Beleskey Big Z goal was all from him working his tail off to win a board battle

Beleskey is top 10 in the NHL in hits and on pace for over 40 points with limited minutes and NO PP time that is awesome production I'm so happy with him so far this year

Beleskey is 4th on the Bruins in Even strength points this season 2 more points than Bergeron

Lucic on pace for 47 points 280 Hits

Beleskey 43 points 350 Hits

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game...

Nice win for Tuukka.

Happy to see big Z get a nice goal.

Marchy continues to bust his ass every game.

Trotman had a decent game. Matt B. too.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Continuing the Miller talk...I thought he was good tonight. He had the play where he fell and Matthias got the breakaway, but that will happen to anybody that plays D for long enough. His skating and maneuverability are just so good, he makes a lot of stuff look real easy. Grabner is not the player he was a few years ago, but he still has speed to burn and Miller handled him easily with a nice play in the third, when he was still playing.

I just don't see why you would not be rolling him out there every 3rd shift, regardless of how much time was left. I thought he was far more solid than McQ tonight.

I agree. He also strikes me as a type that really needs confidence to be at his best. He has moves, he has speed, he takes chances. If you suffocate him or use him sparingly, I think that could have a negative affect on his game. Give him minutes. He'll make mistakes and he'll learn...

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Funny how the Trotman - Chara pairing seems to work . Obviously Trotman and C Miller fill a huge void on the backend if they can play reasonably well the rest of the year .

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015
I hope you're right. Maybe he's just frustrated but it looked pretty bad.

Huh. To me, he looked like the Bruin leaning farthest over the ice. Like he was sucked into the play as much as I was.

I know when I'm disinterested or frustrated with something, I don't lean in for a closer look.

Or perhaps he was dinged from his previous shift.

Not sure why the rush to blame Clod on this one (as a later poster did).

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Trotman should have been playing since the get go. That pair was excellent down the stretch last season. Nice to see it have continued success. Loving Seidenberg with Colin as well.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Chara-Seidenberg
Colin/Trotman-xxxx(Top 4 D)
Krug-McQuaid

If we can acquire a legit top 4 D at the deadline and our offense keeps it going and Tuukka plays like Tuukka this is a legit playoff team that can do damage

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Good win.

Keeping in mind that the Leafs defense looked awful (if not for Reimer making some good saves Bruins would have been winning by several goals).

Tuukka didn't see a ton of action but what he did see he stopped. It was good to see him have a good game.

I thought Marchand, Loui (my vote for most consistent forward this season), Beleskey and to some degree Hayes had a good games. I thought the bottom 6 were fairly meh and were struggling as much as creating anything. I personally like Connolly better with Bergy and Hayes better with Spooner. I also wouldn't mind seeing Hayes with Krejci and Loui if Vatrano can't play Monday.

The defense is looking better. They didn't give up a goal in the PK and didn't totally fall apart but they gave up more odd man rushes than I want to see. I like the current defensive group better than when they had K Miller in the line up. Trotman seems to make better decisions. I still would like to see them try Seids on the right with Morrow on his left and C Miller with Chara and Krug/McQuaid unchanged. Julien won't do it but I can always hope.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Can of Corn: Watching the replay of the game now and listening to Jack explain "can o' corn." Freaking hilarious...:laugh:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Good win.

Keeping in mind that the Leafs defense looked awful (if not for Reimer making some good saves Bruins would have been winning by several goals).

Tuukka didn't see a ton of action but what he did see he stopped. It was good to see him have a good game.

I thought Marchand, Loui (my vote for most consistent forward this season), Beleskey and to some degree Hayes had a good games. I thought the bottom 6 were fairly meh and were struggling as much as creating anything. I personally like Connolly better with Bergy and Hayes better with Spooner. I also wouldn't mind seeing Hayes with Krejci and Loui if Vatrano can't play Monday.

The defense is looking better. They didn't give up a goal in the PK and didn't totally fall apart but they gave up more odd man rushes than I want to see. I like the current defensive group better than when they had K Miller in the line up. Trotman seems to make better decisions. I still would like to see them try Seids on the right with Morrow on his left and C Miller with Chara and Krug/McQuaid unchanged. Julien won't do it but I can always hope.
Hopefully Morrow will make the most of his next opportunity. Not sure the changes you suggest would significantly improve the backend ( they might ? ) but as long as K Miller stays out of the lineup it is certainly improved .

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Chara-Seidenberg
Colin/Trotman-xxxx(Top 4 D)
Krug-McQuaid

If we can acquire a legit top 4 D at the deadline and our offense keeps it going and Tuukka plays like Tuukka this is a legit playoff team that can do damage

Not happening: Miller and Trotman are rh.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The view from Hogtown

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/21/reimer-stands-on-head-but-leafs-fire-blanks-against-bruins

BOSTON — - James Reimer actually thinks he should have stopped it.

Such is the confidence of the Maple Leafs goaltender these days that he feels bad after being beaten by a Zdeno Chara missile from the faceoff dot that appeared to be a blur on the slow motion replays, one we’re betting likely was about 150 kph — and counting.

“I could have had it,†Reimer said after the Leafs 2-0 loss to the Bruins at the TD Garden on Saturday night. “It’s disappointing.â€

There is no arguing that Chara’s game-winning blast with just 3:43 remaining in regulation was a gut-wrenching blow for a young Leafs team that will face the Bruins again Monday night at the Air Canada Centre.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...-have-leafs-number-pull-out-win-in-third.html

BOSTON—Shawn Matthias said the loss stung. Dion Phaneuf recounted how disappointing it was.

Based on their reaction to a 2-0 loss Saturday night to the Boston Bruins, the Toronto Maple Leafs certainly sound as if they believe they belong in the playoff race.

“It sucks losing,†said Matthias, who had three breakaways thwarted by Boston goalie Tuukka Rask. “We have to get back into it here. We need all the points we can get. It would have been a really good road trip if we’d have gotten that win.
“We feel confident as a group. We’ve had some success. But that one stings.â€
Between Rask and another superb performance by James Reimer, the Leafs and Bruins were deadlocked at 0-0 for more than 55 minutes. It looked like Toronto might steal a point, maybe two, in a game dominated by Boston.

But a Zdeno Chara slapshot at 16:17 of the third, followed by a Brad Marchand empty-netter, meant Toronto’s recent climb up the standings came to a halt.

“You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see the standings and where we are and where they are,†Phaneuf said. “That was a big two points. It’s disappointing letting them win it late.

“We had some chances. How many poss did we hit? Bottom line we didn’t get two points.â€

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Rask was really good even though they had just 22 shots.He stopped 3 breakaways more less.
Beleskey nice game
Marchand was very good.
Z was outstanding.Had an edge tonite bigtime.Wish he find it vs scabs
C.Miller to me was great moving puck but few times he was out of position.He still learning but its fine by me.
Krug everyone loves here but to me is one of Bruins weakest players on the puck.Need more offence out of him far as I am concerned to justify all the battles he loses .

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Healy is a dip ****.

I don't get how they can't find anyone better than him. Half this board would do a better job.
Pretty decent win for the boys I thought. Decent as in the Leafs barely had any sustained pressure last night. Offense seemed to lack a bit of creativity but it's all ok.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
This Bruins team can be competitive if they cut the bad defensive mistakes. 3 breakaways doesn't strike me as very good defense. Anyhow, that was an excellent win. Rask delivered and to echo many comments, C.Miller SHOULD BE in the lineup for the rest of the season. This guy is LEGIT and he deserve all the chances to show what he can do. Trotman did a nice job but i want to have another look on Morrow.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
This Bruins team can be competitive if they cut the bad defensive mistakes. 3 breakaways doesn't strike me as very good defense. Anyhow, that was an excellent win. Rask delivered and to echo many comments, C.Miller SHOULD BE in the lineup for the rest of the season. This guy is LEGIT and he deserve all the chances to show what he can do. Trotman did a nice job but i want to have another look on Morrow.

The first breakaway happened because C.Miller fell flat on his behind. Not that I'm blaming him but it's funny that you complain about defensive mistakes and then insist Miller SHOULD BE in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad