Post-Game Talk: Game 19: Bruins 2 ...Leafs 0. Big Z and Tuukka lead the way

BigBadBruins63*

Beleskey's game shouldn't go unnoticed tonight. Anyone who get's on him aren't paying attention.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Beleskey's game shouldn't go unnoticed tonight. Anyone who get's on him aren't paying attention.

I've been pro-Beleskey from game one on.

I don't rely on a stat sheet to understand which players are making a difference and which aren't. I watch the game. Glad to see there are some others with that same opinion on him.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The Leafs were surprisingly good tonight in my opinion.There speed had the Bruins back on there heels at times . The Bruins are starting to look like an actual team now ,not just a collection of individuals.Good for Trotman ,now maybe he looks like the best of the newbies on the backend .

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Continuing the Miller talk...I thought he was good tonight. He had the play where he fell and Matthias got the breakaway, but that will happen to anybody that plays D for long enough. His skating and maneuverability are just so good, he makes a lot of stuff look real easy. Grabner is not the player he was a few years ago, but he still has speed to burn and Miller handled him easily with a nice play in the third, when he was still playing.

I just don't see why you would not be rolling him out there every 3rd shift, regardless of how much time was left. I thought he was far more solid than McQ tonight.

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
Nice slapper by the Captain. Rask with a few breakaway saves to get the shutout.

What's up with Connolly? On the Canadian telecast when they showed the B's bench after Z scored, he was hunched over sulking while the rest of the team was celebrating. A couple players even patted him on the back and he didn't respond at all. Hope he pulls his head out of his *** real soon.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The Leafs were surprisingly good tonight in my opinion.There speed had the Bruins back on there heels at times . The Bruins are starting to look like an actual team now ,not just a collection of individuals.Good for Trotman ,now maybe he looks like the best of the newbies on the backend .

Other than a few brake downs the Leafs where really generating no offense . Looked like a less skilled Wings team. Holding and interfering all over the ice. Goaltending is keeping them in games, that won't last.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Nice slapper by the Captain. Rask with a few breakaway saves to get the shutout.

What's up with Connolly? On the Canadian telecast when they showed the B's bench after Z scored, he was hunched over sulking while the rest of the team was celebrating. A couple players even patted him on the back and he didn't respond at all. Hope he pulls his head out of his *** real soon.

Connolly doesn't strike me as that kind of guy, and from what I read he was pretty well liked in Tampa. Probably some reasonable explanation.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014

The Leafs were in it until the end. I was fairly impressed considering they played last night - I'd hope the B's could have taken advantage of that. Next time it will be against a fresh Leafs in their own barn.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The Leafs were in it until the end. I was fairly impressed considering they played last night - I'd hope the B's could have taken advantage of that. Next time it will be against a fresh Leafs in their own barn.

Of the two games ( tonight and Monday ) I actually thought we might lose tonight and win Monday . On to Toronto!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Continuing the Miller talk...I thought he was good tonight. He had the play where he fell and Matthias got the breakaway, but that will happen to anybody that plays D for long enough. His skating and maneuverability are just so good, he makes a lot of stuff look real easy. Grabner is not the player he was a few years ago, but he still has speed to burn and Miller handled him easily with a nice play in the third, when he was still playing.

I just don't see why you would not be rolling him out there every 3rd shift, regardless of how much time was left. I thought he was far more solid than McQ tonight.

I like that when he has a bad period he doesn't care, he doesn't lose his game and he always seems to come back strong, he rarely/if never has 3 bad periods in a row.

Next game should be a lot harder since Toronto&Reimer gets a rest day.
Rask was great, no panic and should be the starter on that one too.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Beers this morning did a great assessment on Colin Miller game, Basically he said he's made mistakes and a work in process but a lot to like. He said he is a guy that improves as he gets acclimated.

speaking of Matthias, he would be a perfect third line center for Claude and the type of system and style Boston plays- big, has skill. Krejci, Bergeron, and Matthias would be quite a group. I wish Sweeney got him from Vancouver

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014

He came out of the gate slowly those first 3-4 games, but he's been so strong ever since winning battles all over the ice. Hope he pots a couple soon. Chara, Marchand, and Rask were the 3 stars for me. Trotman was very solid, as well as Hayes and Eriksson.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Hopefully Trotman keeps his spot when K. Miller is back from injury. Seids has been fine, but man he is so slow and it's especially noticable when he's racing back for the icings 1 on 1.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I hope you're right. Maybe he's just frustrated but it looked pretty bad.

I looked it up - you could see a little bit of it in the B's telecast. Freeze frame around 15 seconds, and look above the iced coffee.

[NHL]2015020293-802-h[/NHL]

He looks more out of gas than anything to me, but the funny thing is he hadn't been on the ice for 3 minutes.

Who knows. He didn't get a huge chunk of ice time, so maybe he knows he's not one of Clode's binkies. Maybe he got chewed out by Clode. Or maybe he's just frustrated.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Sat next to two annoying people who sounded like they were on first date and spoke at an unreasonably high volume.

My cousin wanted to make a scene, but I talked him out of it.

One of the worst Garden experiences of my life.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The HNIC feed mentioned Babcock telling his team not to take penalties due to our top-ranked power play (though it sputtered tonight).

Maybe the B's aren't as soft as last year, but if teams are unwilling to take penalties, that's a good thing.

Also the Canadian feed was making a big deal after Chara's goal that there was some sort of interaction between Chara and Doug Houda on the bench after the goal.

Healy thought Houda may have told Chara to shoot five hole.

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
I looked it up - you could see a little bit of it in the B's telecast. Freeze frame around 15 seconds, and look above the iced coffee.

[NHL]2015020293-802-h[/NHL]

He looks more out of gas than anything to me, but the funny thing is he hadn't been on the ice for 3 minutes.

Who knows. He didn't get a huge chunk of ice time, so maybe he knows he's not one of Clode's binkies. Maybe he got chewed out by Clode. Or maybe he's just frustrated.

Probably. Not the biggest deal but it looked much worse on the Canadian telecast because the shot was 10 seconds or so and he doesn't move.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Besides for the disastrous first 3 games of the season without our top 2 D and Matt bleeping Irwin playing almost 20 mins

The bs are 11-5-1 in the last 16 which is 107 point pace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad