Post-Game Talk: Game #18: Canucks "slug" the Sharks 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Sharks fan in peace. Canucks domination for the vast majority of the game, Niemi should not have even started tonight; but man the Canucks pounce on turnovers and create nice opportunities. Great effort by them tonight. No effort from the Sharks to even make this an exciting one. :(

Too bad the season series ends so soon.

I think I could handle another four games against SJ! Wouldn't you enjoy another four games against Vancouver?!

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
In case anyone's wondering, we just handed the Sharks their first multi-goal loss of the season. :handclap:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
What was said?

God, can't wait until we get Hansen back in the line-up and start bumping some of these plugs on the 4th line out.
Pardon my awful paraphrasing, but you could tell he was in a good mood, started breaking down the game and somehow ended up rambling on and on about how he's a young guy who can do young guy things-- Murph sincerely goes.... "Well.... Not THAT young" which seems to catch him off guard, but ends up coming back with "Wh..... Younger than YOU!"

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Big win, and a lot to like about this game:

• Overcoming adversity after the annoying first goal -- this one even before the game's first shot. :laugh: They didn't let it faze them.

• Scoring entirely of a secondary nature. It's too bad for Henrik, personally, to have the streak snapped, but from a team perspective it's nice to see other guys chipping in.

• Luongo was very solid, making some big saves to keep the Sharks from clawing back.

• I liked the Canucks' physical response tonight. They were tough without being stupid.

• And, obviously, dominating the Sharks for long stretches... and on the road?! Who would have thought?

Castle1*

Pardon my awful paraphrasing, but you could tell he was in a good mood, started breaking down the game and somehow ended up rambling on and on about how he's a young guy who can do young guy things-- Murph quips back with "Well.... Not that young." "Younger than YOU" etc. etc.

Some fans are so sensitive. We won. Enjoy it instead of moaning imo.

omg announcer said this...boo hoo.

Seriously, who cares?

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Great game from the Canucks, i liked the work ethic. But man the Sharks were complaining a lot tonight, i think it may have annoyed the refs enough to call those two PP in the third for the Canucks.

Kassian had a very strong game, his zone entries are very good and possibly my favourite thing about his play. He is starting to show what we have all been hoping for and if he can keep it up it makes a huge difference to the Canucks. We shall see.

Archiblad is also impressing, he has straight line speed (still needs to work on agility and pivots) and it effective enough for him to play 10-15 minutes a night which is huge for this team. A fourth line of Archibald-Richardson-Weise/Welsh/whomever I hope would be able to handle 10 mins a night. It's making me feel more optimistic about the team.

All in all this is very encouraging, I'm looking forward to seeing how the team does against the Ducks and Kings now.

Fairweather

Apr 28, 2009
Vancouver
Overcoming adversity after the annoying first goal -- this one even before the game's first shot. :laugh: They didn't let it faze them.

On the plus side, the Canucks didn't get scored on with the first shot again.

On the down side, the Canucks got scored on before the first shot :cry:

I'm just happy the Canucks played hard and won the game.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Best performance of the season. Big statement game. Utterly dominated them through 40 minutes in every aspect of the game. Bent a bit in the 3rd but didn't break.

Nice to finally beat this team, and do it in their rink and do it convincingly. They had loads of trouble with our puck pressure tonight, turned the puck over constantly in bad areas. Gameplan and execution were both excellent.

Luongo was sloppy on the 1-0 goal but very solid the rest of the way. Rebound control is as good as we've ever seen.

Bieksa was just terrific again. One mistake on the 2-2 goal but otherwise was pushing the play all night and probably the best player on the ice. Needs to be playing more than Edler when he's going like this.

Hamhuis and Tanev also lights-out. Gave San Jose nothing all night.

Garrison's play has fallen off over the past 5-8 games. Doing OK but has disappeared offensively and only played 17 minutes tonight.

Loved finally seeing Stanton's mean streak.

Sedins were decent. Not a ton of chances but lots of possession. Were mauled again, as usual.

2nd line looked terrific. Higgins is playing terrific hockey right now - 9 ES points in his last 12 games from the 2nd line.

Probably the best game of the season for our 3rd line. Two goals and were outstanding through the first 40 minutes. Archibald making a strong argument to stay up here. Kassian continues to improve. Richardson has been a terrific signing.

Sestito ... sigh.

PP still sucks. Hamhuis is not a #1 unit PP QB. Bieksa should be there the way he's playing right now. Now an incredible 18 games into the season with 0 goals from the #2 PP unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad