GDT: GAME #18 | BUFFALO @ TORONTO | THURSDAY, FEB 21 2013 7:00pm @ ACC | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

azdr4n.jpg
fnstpz.jpg

2rhs1om.jpg
2n9i3qp.jpg

2yo8qjb.jpg
21aydrs.jpg

2rdez9k.jpg
oko1z4.jpg

vy1ixx.jpg
2i0401h.jpg

143lv9x.jpg
2h5mnb8.jpg

335bmnp.jpg
11b3s5e.jpg

10cw6py.jpg
5yu4ch.jpg

Last Meeting:

9zn9v.jpg
10fpf95.jpg

Enemy

Feb 21, 2010
Slim odds on Kaleta successfully manage to hide out from Brown tonight. The chopper mustache has indeed developed a taste for Kaleta's blood now and will be able to sniff him up wherever he goes...

alissa

Sep 13, 2011
Toronto
Anyone with any insights on what to expect from Buffalo tonight?

Theory 1: The team and culture takes the firing of Lindy Ruff as throwing in the towel, feels that a change at GM is inevitable, and the team buckles and dismantles. This is hard to believe since Pegula seems commited to trying to win with Miller, Vanek, Ehrhoff

Theory 2: Ruff got fired early enough in this season that there is still hope and opportunity. There is enough leadership in the room (Miller, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Pominville) that the team will rediscover it's own identity and push for playoffs.

Theory 3: After 16 years with one man leading the way, he's all of a sudden not in the room anymore. The system dissolves, the team loosens up and they play firecracker hockey.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Good GDT, Love them Buffalo Wings

With Lindy Ruff being let go, the Sabres may be fired up to impress the GM and New coach, lets hope we can play our game and come out with a win.

Go Leafs Go!

alissa

Sep 13, 2011
Toronto
Ron Wilson's last days:
TOR 2 VAN 6
NJD 4 TOR 3 (OT)
SJS 2 TOR 1
WSH 4 TOR 2
FLA 5 TOR 3
TOR 4 CHI 5

Randy Carlyle hired:
TOR 3 MTL 1
BOS 5 TOR 4
TOR 2 PIT 3
PHI 1 TOR 0 (S/O)
WSH 2 TOR 0
TOR 2 FLA 5

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hopefully the Leafs can get on a winning role again tonight.

The Division is super tight with Montreal @23 points and Boston, Toronto and Ottawa all at 20 points with all 4 NE teams currently in a playoff spot.

Keeping Buffalo out of the race with a win against them tonight would be huge.

NigelTufnel

Dec 3, 2010
Ottawa
Usually teams win after a coach firing, so I'm a bit worried about tonight.

We'll need to get them out of the game early. Keep letting them feel bad about themselves.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Usually teams win after a coach firing, so I'm a bit worried about tonight.

We'll need to get them out of the game early. Keep letting them feel bad about themselves.

That's my worry as well.

We usually do well after a "big" loss though.

We'll see.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
They WILL be trying to prove something tonight.....

3rd and 4th liners will play their ass off for Buffalo - To get in the good books on the new coach, and let the GM know (don't trade me)

Expect a few fights.....These type of games remind me of the prospect games they have for the CHL....Lets just hope the leafs are up to the task

Carlyle is a good enough coach, to make sure we have the right guys on the ice.

If I had any extra money I would pay to see this one.....has fireworks written all over it.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Anyone with any insights on what to expect from Buffalo tonight?

Theory 1: The team and culture takes the firing of Lindy Ruff as throwing in the towel, feels that a change at GM is inevitable, and the team buckles and dismantles. This is hard to believe since Pegula seems commited to trying to win with Miller, Vanek, Ehrhoff

Theory 2: Ruff got fired early enough in this season that there is still hope and opportunity. There is enough leadership in the room (Miller, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Pominville) that the team will rediscover it's own identity and push for playoffs.

Theory 3: After 16 years with one man leading the way, he's all of a sudden not in the room anymore. The system dissolves, the team loosens up and they play firecracker hockey.

I pray for theory 1 .. Maybe with Ruff gone, the Leafs can actually start beating Buffalo on a regular basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad