Demko injured and potentially out for rest of series UPDATE: Demko is done?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Hold the phones. Elliotte thinks that report is wrong, and that Demko’s return may in fact be round 2.
That's not what Elliotte thought on 32 thoughts. He just said he didn't hear anything of sorts, and then drew his own conclusions about Demko being on the trip as "positive". Which I think is not necessarely the right conclusion to make. Even if he was done for the year, surely he would like to be the team.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Never understood the TikTok hype, I know it was a big hit back in the late 2000's/early 2010's but that platform is ass.
Yup. The "challenges" are terrible, designed to make our young people look dumb. Terrible platform

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Not good. Guys like Ben Bishop and Carey price come to mind. Recurring knee injuries that became a chronic issue until they couldn't play anymore even though they were still playing at a high level.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
When a reporter or media person uses that wording “I’m hearing” they are not confident enough in their source to just say the player is done.

This buys the person an out if they are wrong. So I take that with a grain of salt. Now she could be correct but she’s not confident enough in her source to truly claim he’s done.
She looks hot - so leave her alone!!

She’s doing the best she can!

Reactions: Nopefully

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I think the team rallied in support of DeSmith and really tried to limit quality scoring chance. Not taking anything away from DSM though.
That's kinda what the team in front of him should be doing anyway. If they can keep this going, the Canucks have a real shot.

Reactions: Summer Rose

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Playoffs are different, but DeSmith beat oilers twice. Canucks match up really well against them

He had a .970 and .925 in those two games, but he's a .896 on the season. Maybe he has the Oilers number, but it's probably more likely he happened to have a couple of great games on those particular days.

Weird stuff happens sometimes in short series in the playoffs. Never say never. DeSmith giving them the .920+ I think they'll need is not where I'd place my bet.

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
He had a .970 and .925 in those two games, but he's a .896 on the season. Maybe he has the Oilers number, but it's probably more likely he happened to have a couple of great games on those particular days.

Weird stuff happens sometimes in short series in the playoffs. Never say never. DeSmith giving them the .920+ I think they'll need is not where I'd place my bet.
1 win was in Oilers 1st 12 games. When they were dog poop.

The 2nd win came without McDavid.

Canucks swept Edmonton and deserve props, but context on those 2 games matter.

Reactions: tucker3434

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad