GDT: GAME 18: Bruins @ Avalanche | 11/14/18 | 20:00 MT | Battle of Cheatcodes

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I cant do that anymore lol.

The King said a goal by all three of Mikko, MacK, Landy counts in the 10 shot Hat trick rule. So someone had to oblige or the hockey gods might punish us.
I’m a beer drinker thankfully. Can’t really handle much liquor anymore. Lonewolfe would take me to town

Mitchgou

Nov 14, 2018
I have been waiting for years if not decade to see the avs finally having something special on the ice but tonight
gave me hope that we are getting closer to have a real hockey team. Seeing ranta with a big smile at the end while greeting the guys has they come off the ice could not make me more happy. GO AVS GO. THERE IS HOPE !!!!

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Missed the game, only watched the highlights but my god, Rants looked incredible. No idea what Landy did over the summer or if he's finally fully healthy, but our 1st line would probably have ~5-10 less goals if he was shooting like he did in his previous seasons. Hopefully Bednar knows what he's doing with Zads - it's such a polarizing relationship. We've seen him give him huge responsibilities in the past, but now he's barely giving him a crumb.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What's frustrating about the Z benching isn't just that he was benched for a soft interference call, but that he was benched for playing his exact kind of hard nosed physical game. What message is that supposed to send? Z is at his best when he's playing rough, I don't like Bednar trying to discourage him from playing physical, because that's when he's most engaged in the game.

KingSizeKirby

PLAYOFFS!?
May 26, 2011
Ontario
I actually think Barberio had a good game after his penalty shift.

And with Z I think he got punished because of how dumb his penalty was. We just scored, have momentum and he does a unnecessary stupid penalty. He does this to much. And I love Z.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
My thoughts after catching up:

Mikko just keeps getting better and better. Not only is he leading the league, he looks like he should be leading the league. Hopefully he keeps it up, of only to infuriate his psycho haters on the main board even more.

Ian Cole had a great night. I wasn't expecting much when we signed him, but he's been a rock most nights. Hope he keeps it up throughout his contract.

Calvert's goal was just Classic Calvert, rarely does he give up on the play and I'm glad he got rewarded for it tonight.

I wish we had more talented wingers to play with both Soda and Kam. After Landeskog they're quietly the two best forwards away from the puck.

I don't like that Kerfoot and Jost get saddled with Wilson. He's Bednar's Gourque of the top-6.

Barbs didn't completely suck tonight, must be the super fresh legs.

As everyone else has said, Bednar's handling of Z has always been questionable. He's not the type of player who responds to being punished after a mistake, he thrives when given a chance to redeem himself right after a gaffe.

Our PK was lousy as well, and last season it was so good because Nemeth was beasting it up there. This year has been rough for him, no idea what changed. Either way I'd like to see a Cole-lite vet get added to the bottom pair to play next to Z and take the heavy PK minutes.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Am I crazy for thinking a Girard-Cole pairing would be our best pairing right now? Both guys just playing unbelievable hockey from the back end for us.

Cole had a game high 26:05 last night and Samwise had 21:18 to go along with a fantastic 2 Apples, 2 hits and 4 blocked shots. Quietly up to 9 points in 18 games now, pacing for 40 over the full season.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I definitely fell asleep. Damn late start. Feel great though, someone want to tally my damage? Looks like the hockey gods came through again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad