GDT: GAME 18: Bruins @ Avalanche | 11/14/18 | 20:00 MT | Battle of Cheatcodes

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Obviously not my business but I strongly recommend you to reconsider that drinking game of yours. Believe me when I tell you that absolutely nothing good can come out of this. It's one thing to do this once but doing this every two days and sometimes back to back days can only lead you into a very dark hole. But at the end of the day it is your life so you are the only one that can decide where you want to go with it. That's all I'm going to say about it. Good luck.

Hah, it's all in good fun man. Once the "magic" wears off, I'm done. Appreciate the concern fellow internet citizen though.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Bring on the real cheat codes!

5 shots for a goal in the second 5 minutes of a period.

10 shots for a hattrick (including the whole Mackstreet Boys line)

1 shot per point from Girard, Dries, Jost or Wilson

2 shots per period without a goal against

Last game we tallied 13 shots from the alcohol fueled hockey gods.

You guys remember how Tebow had the 12th man in God on the team? Well lone wolf’s liver has brought the 6th to the avs!

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
Anyone else who thought that Grubauer would have gotten more games already? When they signed him I though it would be something like 60-40 ratio to Varly, but now it seems like Grubauer doesn't even get a chance 'cause it's always Varlamov. Might be just me though.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Anyone else who thought that Grubauer would have gotten more games already? When they signed him I though it would be something like 60-40 ratio to Varly, but now it seems like Grubauer doesn't even get a chance 'cause it's always Varlamov. Might be just me though.

I wasn't sure either way going into the season TBH. Bednar was really cautious with Varly's workload last season following groin surgery (was it groin surgery? I can't remember) but there wasn't anything like that to recover from this season so I'm not surprised he's getting this many starts. I think Grubi's less-than-stellar start hasn't helped matters either.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Doesn't help that he gave up 7 goals, many of them bad ones, and then took no accountability for it whatsoever. Shifting blame elsewhere.

By contrast, Varly has played great, including his game against Winnipeg, yet he came out and said he needs to find a way to make one more stop.

I have a feeling Bednar took notice to those two post game interviews.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I wasn't sure either way going into the season TBH. Bednar was really cautious with Varly's workload last season following groin surgery (was it groin surgery? I can't remember) but there wasn't anything like that to recover from this season so I'm not surprised he's getting this many starts. I think Grubi's less-than-stellar start hasn't helped matters either.
I think he had hip surgery to help alleviate the groin problem

Reactions: Waingro

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Doesn't help that he gave up 7 goals, many of them bad ones, and then took no accountability for it whatsoever. Shifting blame elsewhere.

By contrast, Varly has played great, including his game against Winnipeg, yet he came out and said he needs to find a way to make one more stop.

I have a feeling Bednar took notice to those two post game interviews.

What did he say?? Must have missed that one.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He was asked about the miscommunication with Landy at the end of the game, and he changed the subject to broken plays and bouncing pucks all night. Never once said anything about himself needing to be better.
Bednar also called him out that game post game along with Markstrom haha pretty much said they both sucked.

Reactions: Waingro

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Boston has looked amazing and absolutely terrible a few times this year. I have no idea which team will show up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad