GDT: Game 18 - Blue Jackets vs Predators - "This Game Day Thread is Critical" edition - 2/18 7 PM

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Much better game defensively. Nice game by Elvis. Would really like to see them build on this and put some kind of streak together.

Reactions: Viqsi

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Super!!!

Nashville hadn`t any normal chance, I hope it`s for our play. But just the same Elvis was super.

But I have some question.

1/. Did we take Laine for forchecking, play without the puck because Roslovic and Cam love tho move the puck alone and Jack`s face-offs are simply terrible?
2/. Does Torts think Domi's attacking potential will show up in the line with Nash and Robinson?
3/. Does Torts think Texier's attacking potential will show up in the line with Foligno and Jenner?

Last edited:
Reactions: tchigo

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Super!!!

But I have some question.

1/. Did we take Laine for forchecking, play without the puck because Roslovic and Cam love tho move the puck alone and Jack`s face-offs are simply terrible?
2/. Does Torts think Domi's attacking potential will show up in the line with Nash and Robinson?
3/. Does Torts think Texier's attacking potential will show up in the line with Foligno and Jenner?
Don’t try to rationalize Torts decisions .. he has no clue when it comes to offense . What you saw tonight is how Torts has made a living in the nhl . Honestly his cluelessness on offense has to affect his players confidence , and probably why they think so much rather than play . Luckily Elvis was great tonight , and we blocked lots of shots

Reactions: Bookker

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Don’t try to rationalize Torts decisions .. he has no clue when it comes to offense . What you saw tonight is how Torts has made a living in the nhl . Honestly his cluelessness on offense has to affect his players confidence , and probably why they think so much rather than play . Luckily Elvis was great tonight , and we blocked lots of shots
...give it a rest already, will you? We get it. You hate Torts. You don't have to bring it up in every other post.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Maybe to get used to a different system, a different transition to the attack, and it seems to me that the injury affects, because it is not an ideal work with the puck (for him, of course).

I would, in addition to Elvis, single out Jones, who is finally gradually playing out, and Peeke. This guy I really like, calm, quite mobile for 190 cm with something, a good draw. And Savard begins to resemble himself too. For Kukan will be hard to return.

Last edited:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Maybe to get used to a different system, a different transition to the attack, and it seems to me that the injury affects, because it is not an ideal work with the puck (for him, of course).

I would, in addition to Elvis, single out Jones, who is finally gradually playing out, and Peake. This guy I really like, calm, quite mobile for 190 cm with something, a good draw. And Savard begins to resemble himself too. For Kukan will be hard to return.
He has to beat out Scott Harrington, even then I think I still take Harrington over him right now. It will be impossible once Zach comes back in.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
...give it a rest already, will you? We get it. You hate Torts. You don't have to bring it up in every other post.
By the way I don`t understand why some fans hate Torts, yes we can ask some question for example me now (And I probably mistake), but it`s enough curious to hate a coach in which we constantly played in PO.

Reactions: Monk

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
By the way I don`t understand why some fans hate Torts, yes we can ask some question for example me now (And I probably mistake), but it`s enough curious to hate a coach in which we constantly played in PO.
If ever you find out, please let me know. I've never gotten a coherent explanation beyond "everything bad is clearly his fault".

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Don’t remotely hate Torts.. seems like a solid patriot.. Truth is , his constant line blender, moving players constantly within lines, and positions hurts their production . Pretty sure Matt Calvert said as much :naughty:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
You mean until we trade Zach for Eichel :nod:
I was going to add this but there are people out there who believe we shouldn't trade Zach no matter what. Don't even know if Buffalo would go for it to be honest. Zach is more of a nice thing to have, not necessarily a top #1 dman but a damn good offensive one.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
While it’s certainly refreshing to not get destroyed in the second period and to have a 2 goal cushion at the end of the game, it’s too early to celebrate, Nashville has been very bad lately. When we win in a similar fashion against Carolina, then we’re making it.

Reactions: Halberdier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad