GDT: Game 18 - Blue Jackets vs Predators - "This Game Day Thread is Critical" edition - 2/18 7 PM

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We'll need to see more - especially away from the Preds. But I'm not buying that Korpisalo gets hung out to dry and then suddenly the team buttons it up when Elvis is in net.
I wasn't trying to propose that. It was more pointing out that Elvis got the benefit of that shutout, and meanwhile Korpi has been our sole goaltender through some defensively awful showings. I think it's too soon to draw significant conclusions on either.

Reactions: Halberdier and rylt

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
A
I am prepared to read the exact same conversation, only with the names reversed, in a week or so after Elvis has a shitty game. I mean, the voices here may be different, but the conversation will be the same.
Actually, I hope the conversation stops because one of the two finally separates themself from the other and establishes themself without a doubt as a clear starter. I have never been a fan of alternating goalies. Not that it can't work, but I would feel more comfortable running a consistantly good starter out for the majority of the games. I get, though, that this isn't a normal year.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
A

Actually, I hope the conversation stops because one of the two finally separates themself from the other and establishes themself without a doubt as a clear starter. I have never been a fan of alternating goalies. Not that it can't work, but I would feel more comfortable running a consistantly good starter out for the majority of the games. I get, though, that this isn't a normal year.

I'd be OK with this, too, although I'd expect it to be simply longer-term rotations than just single games. I don't see either goalie suffering because of the time-share, and I don't; see either goalie running away with things, either.

Per the discussion of shutouts, that reason is why I drafted Elvis in fantasy hockey this year when both of them were on the board. It was a tough choice, because I like both and I think, which not equivalent, they're roughly equal. But for whatever reason, Merzlikins has a propensity for shutouts, and I figured that would help in the fake game, since it's a goalie stat category.

Reactions: Monstershockey

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I wasn't trying to propose that. It was more pointing out that Elvis got the benefit of that shutout, and meanwhile Korpi has been our sole goaltender through some defensively awful showings. I think it's too soon to draw significant conclusions on either.
Elvis got the benefit of that shutout :laugh:. Yes the team was much better in coverage last night , but let’s be clear , he had a good deal to do with that shutout last night

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I wonder what the GDT for the first game in the 16-game win streak is like..

GDT: - Game 21: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 11/29 7PM

looks like Andy was our player of the game, so that bodes well

a couple quotes:

Murray with a sick feed to Nuti to help set up the Anderson goal. Just pointing it out because he won't get an assist for that.
Hartnell - Karlsson - Anderson could just be a great combo for a while for us.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
GDT: - Game 21: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 11/29 7PM

looks like Andy was our player of the game, so that bodes well

a couple quotes:

Murray with a sick feed to Nuti to help set up the Anderson goal. Just pointing it out because he won't get an assist for that.
Hartnell - Karlsson - Anderson could just be a great combo for a while for us.

Was doing a class project with my group mates in college at the time. Had this game on my laptop. They got mad and said I wasn’t taking the project serious enough.

That’s my story about that game. If only they knew what they were missing the start of.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Was doing a class project with my group mates in college at the time. Had this game on my laptop. They got mad and said I wasn’t taking the project serious enough.

That’s my story about that game. If only they knew what they were missing the start of.

ha yeah your post on page 1 said you were gonna miss it. Good to know you came up with a plan.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Then, clearly, one of the refs should have been sent to the penalty box.

DSlIM7BUMAIcA4L.jpg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They really aren’t kidding when they say high school and college are the best years of your life. I’d gladly go back.
I've never felt that way but then again at age 36 I'm still procrastinating in college libraries. :popcorn:
(Stick around long enough and they eventually let you teach the courses).

I think Major Major needs a little shout out here. Been tooting Anderson's horn for several months. Cant find the post but remember he was suggesting Anderson would become some people's favourite Jacket before long. With games like last night pretty sure he has won some doubters over. Both Major Major and #34 I mean

I belatedly accept your praise!

And I really really miss Andy. He was my favourite Jacket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->