GDT: Game 18: Avs @ Leafs | Tuesday, November 17th, 5:30pm MT | This is the Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Some of it I do chalk up to youth and inexperience, our #1 center is still 20 years old. Another part of it I think is this team is still learning to play together, you have like 7 or 8 guys who weren't here last year and its going to take more than a month to get in sync with each other.

That said, I also do think coaching may have some to do with it as well. Like I said in another thread, I really think that Army's tenure needs to come to an end. Not necessarily because he's the problem (though I still see a lot of the same tendencies on the PP as in the Sacco era, like the drop passes in the neutral zone that never work) but the main reason would be to get someone experienced to bring in some fresh ideas as I think Roy has issues making changes to his system.

On the PK side of things, im not really sure about Farrish, the PK seemed great to start but it seems like now that back door is left wide open with the RD sliding too far over to the other side of the goalie towards the puck. Maybe it was just a bad night for the PK but something seemed really off with the positioning.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That young and inexperience excuse is getting old

When it stops being the truth I'll stop saying it. They picked up a guy with 22 NHL games experience and used him as third line center. How do people not comprehend this as having an impact on the team I don't know. Every time we have this conversation there's even one more new guy added to the mix. The players who don't have one full year of NHL experience that dressed last night:

Wagner
Street
Martinsen
Everberg
Grigorenko
Gormley

Gee I just don't understand why these guys don't have mental toughness and maturity!

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not. I didn't think he was good last season. He's a fourth liner, that's about it. Good defensively and good size but slow and no offensive ability.

You're in the minority, then.

I was listening to the radio talking about the Avs and they were saying Avs struggles is on Roy period that as a coach he doesn't know how to teach players attention to details. The goals they give up are too easy in a league where scoring goals is hard.

That's 100% true. I said it myself before that the attention to even simple details is missing from this team and that's only the coaching to blame

They were pretty good with details during their 3 game win streak and even last game, special teams simply killed us. The team is playing and looking better than they did in October. Let's not start the Roy sucks narrative again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad