GDT: Game 18: Avs @ Leafs | Tuesday, November 17th, 5:30pm MT | This is the Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(7-9-1) --vs-- (5-9-4)

[fieldset=WELCOME CHRIS WAGNER]
Jarome+Iginla+Christopher+Wagner+Colorado+y7ebKI9WAB7l.jpg

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=LOCATION: AIR CANADA CENTRE - CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE]
toronto_sunset-800x447.jpeg

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=WORDS FROM OUR FIRST STAR]
[nhl]875924[/nhl]​
[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=AVALANCHE PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

GRIGORENKO - MACKINNON - DUCHENE
COMEAU - SODERBERG - IGINLA
MCLEOD - WAGNER - MARTINSEN
EVERBERG - STREET - SKILLE

BEAUCHEMIN - JOHNSON
HOLDEN - BARRIE
GORMLEY - GUENIN

BERRA
PICKARD

*Mitchell questionable, would replace Street and switch with Wagner

[/fieldset]

[fieldset= MAPLE LEAFS PROJECTED LINEUP - AKA EX AND FUTURE AVS]
extralarge.png

JVR - KADRI - KOMAROV
MATTHIAS - BOZAK - PAP
WINNIK - SPALING - LUPUL
HOLLAND - FROESE - GRABNER

RIELLY - HUNWICK
GARDINER - PHANEUF
HARRINGTON - POLAK

REIMER
BERNIER

[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET= GDT TUNES]

[/FIELDSET]

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Earliest GDT ever?

Good stuff. HAve to hope the boys can bring it tonight. 4 straight would be huge for this team.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Is Mitchell really questionable for this game?

Didn't he play last game...? If so, he'll be with Street and McLeod I bet and Wagner will play with Martinsen and Everberg on the 4th line.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Didn't he play last game...? If so, he'll be with Street and McLeod I bet and Wagner will play with Martinsen and Everberg on the 4th line.

Yes, I guess it flared up again. If Mitchell plays he will bump Wagner down to the 4th line and Street will sit. Didn't really want to write a whole paragraph up there. I clarified it a touch. The wingers would stay the same. So yes, Martinsen is really on the third and Everberg on the fourth.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Martinsen has been playing on the 3rd line, Everberg and Skille on the 4th line. If Mitchell can go, Street will likely sit unless they want Wagner to sit to give him more time to acclimate himself in practice.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Heading down early for this one. Will be in section 119 with the Mitchell family for the game. You can't miss his dad; chubby, balding, extremely tanned dude who's voice can be heard across the arena. :D I will probably be wearing a '96 home Roy jersey. Feel free to drop by and say hi if you see me. Most important game of the year for us not to lose on my schedule, especially with Winnik back there. Can't stand the chirps from his dad and brother.

4-1 Avs. MacKinnon dominates.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Hopefully Wagner has a great debut and shows he can be a good piece on the bottom-6.

Predicting a hard-fought game, which we will edge 3-2 in OT.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Since when ate Lupul and Grabner no longer top-6 forwards but Komarov and Matthias are? Silly leafs, never change.

Edit: Hunwick :lol:

trip trancid

May 23, 2015
I have a very specific prediction. It will be 3:3 late and McLeod will receive the puck at mid ice where he'll beat Phaneuf and Gardiner to score the game winning goal. Then as he's celebrating, he'll look up to the irritated crowd and exclaim, "Nylander who!?"

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
My prediction, Avs 5:2. Hunwick assisting on goals by Winnik and PAP. MacK with a hatty, Skille and Wagner (we are due for a first goal in first game).

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
:laugh: Waiver wire pickup goes straight to being our 3rd line center.

Really sad.

I think it is time to stop pining for wingers and focus on D and Centers.

Mac and Duchene both prove that under the right circumstances you can move most centers to wing.

Centers win cups (+defense).

Looking at all this, I hope we don't draft a winger this year.

The draft.

Now I am back to this game. The Avs have won 3 straight after a start that was worthy of a team wanting the #1 pick.

The Leafs are a team that is probably wanting the #1 pick but has been playing well under their new coach who is probably in the conversation about best coach in the league.

Roy has been critiziced heavily (justified IMO) so far from all sides.

Very interesting matchup.

Great coach vs. Notsogreat coach
Overperforming roster vs. underperforming roster
Richest team vs. Budget team :)sarcasm:)
Bozaks current team vs. Bozaks future team

And of course the return of the Hunwick !

I have no idea who wins that. I think the team that does not let in a goal from center ice might have a leg up,though.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Since when ate Lupul and Grabner no longer top-6 forwards but Komarov and Matthias are? Silly leafs, never change.

Edit: Hunwick :lol:

Hunwick has actually played pretty well for the leafs even as a top pair D. Maybe the advanced stats say something different though.

Going to be at this one. Hopefully they can pull one out. Too bad won't get to see Landeskog play live though.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Avs are the worst team we've played in a long while, should be interesting to see how they adjust to that

Leafs fans are funny...and of course super delusional. I hope we annihilate them ala the Montreal game. Mack scores a hatty and we win 7-1 while PAP gets the only goal for the Leafs from center ice.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well to be fair Mitchell is injured and Duchene, MacK and Grigs are playing on the same line despite all being centers.

Yeah, our centers are playing wing because we need wingers. I get versatile is good but some wingers have even played center, like Rantanen has a bit. And we need a power forward...

And yeah, anyone who says we don't have a talent problem if Wagner plays 3C tonight...

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Y'all are getting cocky, you know what happens every time we get this way? We lose this one because this fanbase has had too much happiness lately.

I don't think we're going to lose just because the Colorado board on HF is a little happy. I think that after the piss poor start that we had, some people are just trying to cling on every shred of positivity and try to reinforce the hope that we can still make the playoffs. I think it's a nice change of pace from the season is over, we're trading everybody, hello Auston Matthews posts you we were seeing just a few games ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad