Post-Game Talk: Game 18: Avalanche @ Rangers |Nov 13th 5PM MTN| AVS' TANK MASTERS (Past&Present)

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
TMV = the man, thanks for the summary as always.

Looks like I'll be at tonights game too, managed to snag another set of tix :) now if they could just win one... or at least score a goal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I had gamecentre one year and it was fine but was about 30 seconds delayed and though the quality was good, it doesn't compare to the hd quality of a regular television provider.

Is the quality that much better that it makes up for being able to on demand games instead of relying on a DVR, and in the case of hockeystreams being able to on demand or stream from all the different hockey leagues?

That's always what I wonder.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is the quality that much better that it makes up for being able to on demand games instead of relying on a DVR, and in the case of hockeystreams being able to on demand or stream from all the different hockey leagues?

That's always what I wonder.

For me the difference is definitely enough, for others probably not. I kind of spoil myself with things like that to a point where others would probably think i'm ridiculous.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Man does Landy get a lot of flack. I get criticizing his production this year, it's not where it needs to be, but it's not like the kid doesn't have heart and won't play through pain.

Hes shown no indication thus far this season that hes playing with any heart. He seems to lose every puck battle along the boards. I mean this guy got pushed off the puck so easily by Thomas freakin Hickey last game. If hes hurt like alot of people are claiming then he needs to sit his ass down and let a guy whose not hurt play. The only time he showed any real emotion was when he hit Corey Perry and got a penalty other then that hes done nothing. ROR is the same except hes shown even less heart then Landeskog so far.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Hes shown no indication thus far this season that hes playing with any heart. He seems to lose every puck battle along the boards. I mean this guy got pushed off the puck so easily by Thomas freakin Hickey last game. If hes hurt like alot of people are claiming then he needs to sit his ass down and let a guy whose not hurt play. The only time he showed any real emotion was when he hit Corey Perry and got a penalty other then that hes done nothing. ROR is the same except hes shown even less heart then Landeskog so far.
If he's playing hurt, isn't that showing heart? I disagree completely that he's not showing any heart. Landy is still solid defensively, blocking shots. He just isn't producing much offensively.

Here's an article from today...
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/as-colorado-avalanche-go-bust--players-hoping-for-better-hands-203312422.html
And he said he knows Patrick Roy expects them to win as well.

“Patrick has been very, very positive through it all. But he’s making us accountable,” said Briere. “The last couple of days haven’t been fun.”

Roy hasn’t erupted yet in public, not even after the 6-0 curb-stomping the New York Islanders put on the Avs. He’s been collected. He’s been optimistic. He’s been what Duchene said the team needs, at least in front of the cameras.

“As soon as the coach presses the panic button, then everyone panics. They start gripping the stick, not making plays,” he said. “We need to get back to believing we’re going to make the play
And that's why you won't see Roy go off in a media session.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We've gotten to the point where Tanguay is our best forward and he's being asked to get Duchene and O'Reilly going. Just imagine how ugly things would be if he was hurt or playing like he did in the first few games.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This year, if you take that split second too long to think about it, it’s gone. Then you try and you turn the puck over

This is what I've been saying since preseason. Its that split second between execution and looking lazy, its overthinking and losing the play.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I disagree. In a lot of games he's had moments where he played with a lot of heart and determination.

The problem is he's not doing it for the full game. It's usually only one period a game. He hasn't been a complete no show though IMO. Apart from a few games early, that honor would go to O'Reilly.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
RoR is our real tank commander. Gave the team MacK, forced Stastny out and now doing his best to torpedo the team down to another top pick.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
“When you get on the right side of it, you feel like you can’t lose. You’re doubling down on it every time. Doing things you shouldn’t be doing. But you’re making money.

“And then,” Duchene snaps his fingers, “it turns.”

“[You feel like] you can’t win,” said Duchene, extending the analogy. “You’re getting 20. They’re getting 21.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...422.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

some other good stuff from wyshnyski too.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We've gotten to the point where Tanguay is our best forward and he's being asked to get Duchene and O'Reilly going. Just imagine how ugly things would be if he was hurt or playing like he did in the first few games.

Meh.

I still think Duchene has been our best player. He's been doing everything he can to try and generate offense on his line, but its hard to do with ROR and *insert under-performing PWF here on one's line.

I think moving Tanguay with Dutchy is more of a "lets see what happens when we put our 2 guys working the hardest right now together" move then it is to get Dutchy going.

Hopefully they find the back of the net a couple times tonight.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
If someone can pull this team out of their err...slump, it will be Duchene. He will take over a game eventually and finally start rolling. I'm feeling a classic Duchene game when he just won't stop getting chances. See last year against the Jets 4-3 win in shootout or something like that. The Avs are down and out right now, Dutchy do your thing.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I disagree. In a lot of games he's had moments where he played with a lot of heart and determination.

The problem is he's not doing it for the full game. It's usually only one period a game. He hasn't been a complete no show though IMO. Apart from a few games early, that honor would go to O'Reilly.

We both agree on this atleast. I dont wanna go all in on ROR until the game starts but hes been by far the most disappointing player so far. He got his paper and hes making all his supporters look like a bunch of bungholio's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad