Post-Game Talk: Game 18: Avalanche @ Rangers |Nov 13th 5PM MTN| AVS' TANK MASTERS (Past&Present)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He made it pretty clear he's not happy and it's with the top 6 forwards. I get the sense that if a move is made it's going to be one of them, it's not dumping Cliche or Guenin.

Agree if you listen it wasn't positive Patty.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
You should listen to the interview before going off on that part. He's not happy (used word pissed several times), but he just didn't want to use the word embarassed.

I hated to see Roy say defense is doing okay job, does it mean we are not gonna fix it next off-season either? That just scares me.. He really thinks this defense can compete in NHL? Noooooo..

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
He made it pretty clear he's not happy and it's with the top 6 forwards. I get the sense that if a move is made it's going to be one of them, it's not dumping Cliche or Guenin.

Agree if you listen it wasn't positive Patty.

That's good. We have had enough of this overly positive ********. Let's talk for real now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not a fan of Everberg taking a break being good for him. Why wouldn't a break be good for McLeod? Or Cliche? God knows Everberg could probably do both their jobs better

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I hated to see Roy say defense is doing okay job, does it mean we are not gonna fix it next off-season either? That just scares me.. He really thinks this defense can compete in NHL? Noooooo..
I think you're stretching it a bit too far now, considering Friedman has said they've been in on every defenseman whose become available.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I think you're stretching it a bit too far now, considering Friedman has said they've been in on every defenseman whose become available.

Well, they did get Stuart, but I hope that's not long-term solution to our defense!

I know they were after Orpik, which would have been pretty bad decision at his price though. I think they were after STRALMAN as well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The defense might not bring much to the table but they are operating more at their capacity than the top forwards. Look at if from that perspective, that's the way Roy is looking at it. If something is going to change it will be one of them

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
The defense might not bring much to the table but they are operating more at their capacity than the top forwards. Look at if from that perspective, that's the way Roy is looking at it. If something is going to change it will be one of them

Okay, that's true. Compared to their potential, defense is working closer to their capacity. That's very true.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

It has to be one of them, and it has to be ROR who in my opinion has checked out since the start of the season and is seemingly waiting to be moved

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm not a fan of Everberg taking a break being good for him. Why wouldn't a break be good for McLeod? Or Cliche? God knows Everberg could probably do both their jobs better
Look at the rest of what he said, later in the interview. He even admits he took the easy way out by sitting Everberg, but he's not ready to scratch a top player and in fairness, the 4th line has scored 2 of our last 3 goals (sadly).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Look at the rest of what he said, later in the interview. He even admits he took the easy way out by sitting Everberg, but he's not ready to scratch a top player and in fairness, the 4th line has scored 2 of our last 3 goals (sadly).

That's a fair point made by him, but I still don't agree with it. Maybe it's for the best, but the Tanguay-Mitchell-Everberg line has been the one positive constant up front all season when they've been together

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The team has lost 5 of their last 6, and Briere hasn't played in a few weeks. I think it's more about just getting him in the lineup, because he can't sit forever.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's a fair point made by him, but I still don't agree with it. Maybe it's for the best, but the Tanguay-Mitchell-Everberg line has been the one positive constant up front all season when they've been together

I think he will go back to this line eventually. He said how good it was. Briere is not a 4th liner so they pretty much have to break it up to get him back in.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I want to comment on the Mackinnon weight thing. If he is in fact back to his original weight that means his summer comments are a load of crap.

I was amazed when he said he gained 12-13 pounds and his body fat % stayed the same.That's a lot of lean muscle. Would take a lot longer than a summer to put on without increasing BF. But let's say he did in fact pull this miracle and add 13lbs without increasing his body fat. If that miracle did in fact happen there is no way he would lose 13lbs in less than 2 months. If he did he would have a BF% of like 5 or 6 right now.

I'm glad he's back to his old weight, and i'm sure he is a lot stronger but his summer comments in my opinion have to be total crap.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I want to comment on the Mackinnon weight thing. If he is in fact back to his original weight that means his summer comments are a load of crap.

I was amazed when he said he gained 12-13 pounds and his body fat % stayed the same.That's a lot of lean muscle. Would take a lot longer than a summer to put on without increasing BF. But let's say he did in fact pull this miracle and add 13lbs without increasing his body fat. If that miracle did in fact happen there is no way he would lose 13lbs in less than 2 months. If he did he would have a BF% of like 5 or 6 right now.

I'm glad he's back to his old weight, and i'm sure he is a lot stronger but his summer comments in my opinion have to be total crap.

It didn't do him any good. He looked better last season. Especially last 60 games or so. Now he is just doing one move, skate forward and stop......

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

He looked visibly bigger though so are you saying it had to be some fat? Or just that he couldn't put on that much muscle? He still looks bigger to me so I don't really know what to make of it. Maybe Roy is just killing the storyline.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Well, they did get Stuart, but I hope that's not long-term solution to our defense!

I know they were after Orpik, which would have been pretty bad decision at his price though. I think they were after STRALMAN as well.

I wonder if Joe and Patty even made a play at Ernhoff? He was my favorite. Maybe PIT had him all but locked up by the time BUF bought him out, idk.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I wonder if Joe and Patty even made a play at Ernhoff? He was my favorite. Maybe PIT had him all but locked up by the time BUF bought him out, idk.

I believe there was a rumour they asked about him at the deadline.

I like that Roy commented on Stastny. The Avs picked in the lottery 3 times while Stastny was here. The problems this team has go well beyond him.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

It might not be crap. I seem to remember Tyler Myers tried bulking up in the summer, and came back with less speed (bad news for him) and less flexible. He shed that weight pretty quick as well.

I can't seem to remember who commented on Twitter (Bourne, maybe?) about how hockey players do way too much off the ice during the offseason. I don't care how grueling an 82-game season is, it'd do a lot of these players some good if they put in a lot more time on the ice in conjunction with their workout regimen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad