Post-Game Talk: Game 18: Avalanche @ Rangers |Nov 13th 5PM MTN| AVS' TANK MASTERS (Past&Present)

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
i
@
i

[NHL]564143[/NHL]

Team Stats
Avalanche|Stat|Rangers
2.3 (26th)|Goals per game| 2.9 (11th)
3.2 (25th) |Goals Against| 2.9 (22nd)
12.9% (24th) |PP %|14.3 (21st)
87.3% (5th)|PK %|80.8% (15th)

Rangers GDT
Lose your vCash by going all in on the Avs here

Avs Projected Lineup
photo.php
photo.php
photo.php

photo.php
photo.php
photo.php

photo.php
photo.php
photo.php

photo.php
photo.php
photo.php

82df93cc0fd632867ed0b6a74418d05b.png

Varlamov's reaction playing behind this D
ibgEFnpMaShfyq.gif

Rangers Projected Line up
LW|C|RW
Rick Nash|Derick Brassard|D2M's Favorite Player #26
Chris Kreider|Derek Stepan|D2M's 2nd Favorite Player #36
Carl Hagelin|Kevin "Should have signed with the Avs" Hayes|Lee Stempniak
Tanner Glass (He's still in the league?)|Dominic Moore|Jesper Fast

LD|RD
Marc Staal|Dan Boyle
John Moore|Dan Girardi
MATT HUNWICK|Kevin Klein

Scratches
Player|Position|Team
Ryan "when isn't he on the IR" Wilson | D | Avs
Jesse Winchester | F | Avs
Dennis Everberg :( | F | Avs
Brad Stuart | D | Avs
Ryan McDonagh | D | Rangers
Mike Kostka | D | Rangers
Anthony Duclair| F | Rangers
Models Starting Goalies

article-2517282-19C9884200000578-201_306x423.jpg
22b9426b270261aa52b2e3cda8e6c957.png

Hoping we see a lot of hugs from the Avs tonight!
940x.jpg

111403535_slide.jpg

GDT Music

Last edited:

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Rangers fan.

DB is likely back in this one, will be paired with Staal. Girardi with Moore and Hunwick with Klein.

You got the top six right. Bottom six will probably be
Hagelin-Hayes-Stempniak
Glass-Moore-Fast

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I love the theme of this thread, of course we need to properly honor Hunwick!

Everberg knew you wouldn't find his photo so that's why he's sitting this one out ;)

Rangers fan.

DB is likely back in this one, will be paired with Staal. Girardi with Moore and Hunwick with Klein.

You got the top six right. Bottom six will probably be
Hagelin-Hayes-Stempniak
Glass-Moore-Fast
Thanks! I totally forgot to do the Rangers D pairs after looking for pics of Hunwick :laugh:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
4-1 Rangers. Rick Nash 2 goals, one of the highlight-reel variety, Stepan and Boyle the other 2 goals. Briere with the goal for the Avs because that's what the world wants apparently and as such he shall remain in the lineup over Everberg

EDIT: Also, I could be wrong, but I thought Dater tweeted something about the lines being:

O'Reilly/Duchene/McGinn
Landeskog/Mitchell/Iginla
Tanguay/Briere/MacKinnon
McLeod/Cliche/Talbot

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Interesting game coming. Last game: Avalanche lost 6-0, Rangers won Penguins 5-0. That said, I'm not expecting a win.

Anyway,

GO :avs GO!!!

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Yes.

O'Reilly - Duchene - McGinn
Landeskog - Mitchell - Iginla
Tanguay - MacKinnon - Briere
McLeod - Cliche - Talbot

wow, Mitchell. Makes sense though. MacK has been bad. Maybe he works better with Tanguay. At least Tanger can feed him some goal scoring chances.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Roy's just giving MacK some tough love. I doubt those lines stay the same after the first period anyway. ("It's time for a line change" -:groucho:)

And uhh, okay Everberg is scratched for apparently no reason? :facepalm:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Can't wait for the loss to be blamed on not having Everberg in, but to be honest, he's about the last guy who deserves scratching.

I'm done trying to figure out how Roy views these players and his strategy on line combinations

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
not the biggest fan of roy's decision here (the coach or GM) but everberg scratching is pretty much on par with what coaches around the league do. vets have upper hand over unproven rookies.

not that it makes it good or acceptable decision.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I agree Mitchell isn't a top 6 guy, but he's an awesome 3rd line centre. He wont hurt us as a temporary 2nd line centre. Especially if it means Mackinnon working his ass off to get out of the dog house.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy:

- He won't say he was embarrassed Monday, but he wasn't pleased with the performance. He's looking more at big picture, but he was pissed at the way they were playing that game and the start of the season. He's happy to be on the radio to communicate today. He says Roy, the hockey player, would have erupted by now but as a coach you have to have a different perspective. His role is to teach them and get them out of the slump. If he wasn't on the radio, he'd probably use a word in front of "Pissed". They're not happy, he thinks goalie is doing a good job, defense are doing decent job, but forwards have to go back to basics. Have to put pucks on net and drive the net and maybe you'll get a lucky bounce, but it's hard when you're trailing early. The players aren't happy. Roy says he's no genius, but he sees top 2 lines aren't performing.
- Asked if his forwards have been soft. He says they're looking for perfect play, need to be better in battles, need to play different. They have odd man rushes with no shots on net.
- He was asked if privately he acts differently (regarding being tough). He says yes, but he's a positive person and it's a process and can't forget where they were two years ago. He reiterates he's pissed off. He's the person that needs to talk to the players. He's not nervous. He didn't want to see it happen, but he expected. The year before you finish 2nd to last, then last year you make a jump, so where's the reality of this? He says this is a good team and a good group that wants to learn, but it's his job to help them. If he bashes them and screams at them, where can you go? You need to sit down, talk and tell the truth to them in the dressing room. He'll never come into the dressing room and say he doesn't know what to do with them. They want to win a Cup, they will win a Cup, but it's a process. It would be nice to speed up the process, but that's not the way it works. Every team tries to get better and compete.
- Asked about line changes and tinkering too much. He said they kept same lines for 4-5 games, and Tanguay has been their best player, so they're going to put him with ROR and Duchene. Hopefully he'll help them. Mitchell has played well. MacKinnon will play with McGinn and Briere, who deserves to play. It will be good for Everberg to take a break.
- They were involved in 3 on 3 OT, and that was something. He'd prefer that to a shootout. He said start 4 on 4 and go to 3 on 3. He said it's a different strategy on 3 on 3, he said from fan perspective it was awesome.
- They aren't scoring as easy as last year, there's no special recipe. When you have chances, need to score goals. Duchene hit crossbar at start of game, who knows what that changes last game. Last year was perfect, this year everything is going wrong. They're a team that needs to skate and work hard shift after shift with more consistency, and that's something they haven't done at same level of last year.

More after the break.

- Asked if they're depending on Varly too much. Varly is the leader of the team, they do rely a lot on him, like Avs depended on Roy. He thinks their D is working hard and they have to find a way to get offense going.
- MacKinnon is back to where he was last year, weight wise. Right after the show two weeks ago, when he was asked about it, the 10 pounds from last year are all gone.
- Asked about roster and changes. He said he made easy decision to take Everberg out. He didn't play well last game, but it's an easy way out. Can't say if he deserves to be out or not, but he's putting truth in their 4th line. 4th line and 3rd line are close to even in +/-. Is it a solution to take a top 2 line guy out of the lineup? He doesn't think so, giving them a chance to get out of the slump and be difference maker. Unfortunately for Dennis, he'll be scratched. Was it fair to put Briere in stands? He said they aren't in a position to put guys in stands because they aren't performing, wants to try to find solutions on the ice.
- Asked about loss of Stastny. Paul was an important player on the team last year, unfortunately you have to make decisions and so did Paul. He said two years ago Stastny was there and they finished second last. They could be missing him, they might not, it's hard to say. Jerome is a slow starter, is going to be fine, helped the team in the physical game the other night when the Flyers tried to be physical on MacKinnon.
- He got asked about the time Roy skated the puck past Gretzky and past center ice. He always dreamed to bring the puck to center ice and get a penalty, so what the heck, why not do it? He's a different guy, and that wasn't his best decision, but he had fun with it. He doesn't even remember what the coach said to him. He knew he wouldn't do it in a tied game, but it was late in the 3rd and they were losing. Ha.

Last edited:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If you are not embarrassed by 6-0 lost vs Islanders, I don't know If you can get embarrassed at all. Roy seems too forgiving, this team needs to play better simple as that. Forwards are doing terrible job offensively. We should be scoring at higher clip. How is defense doing ok job? That just puzzles me.

Interesting interview anyway, a bit more info. Thx Mars.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If you are not embarrassed by 6-0 lost vs Islanders, I don't know If you can get embarrassed at all. Roy seems too forgiving, this team needs to play better simple as that. Forwards are doing terrible job offensively. We should be scoring at higher clip. How is defense doing ok job? That just puzzles me.

Interesting interview anyway, a bit more info. Thx Mars.
You should listen to the interview before going off on that part. He's not happy (used word pissed several times), but he just didn't want to use the word embarassed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad