Post-Game Talk: Game 18: Avalanche @ Rangers |Nov 13th 5PM MTN| AVS' TANK MASTERS (Past&Present)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Those Foppa eyes. Can't tell me eyes like that have nerves behind them. Ice cold killer.

092bfcc9a4ff9a3c8fd31d7e160dff09.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He looked visibly bigger though so are you saying it had to be some fat? Or just that he couldn't put on that much muscle? He still looks bigger to me so I don't really know what to make of it. Maybe Roy is just killing the storyline.

I don't doubt that he put on the weight, nor do I doubt he lost it. Hockey players can easily shed 10 pounds in a month once they get back at it. I agree he is visibly bigger. What i'm saying is that it would be an absolute miracle for him to put on 12 pounds of lean muscle with your body fat percentage staying exactly the same in just a few months. If he did pull that miracle he wouldn't lose 12 pounds of lean muscle in a month of playing hockey.

I'm just guessing he bulked, started playing in hockey again, lost the weight and kept some gains. The whole gaining 12lbs without going up in body fat% is what i'm calling bs on.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I don't think we win this one. But like always I know i'll somehow find myself watching it hoping we can pull off a win and turn the season around. I honestly have no idea what Roy is thinking anymore. Thanks for sharing what you heard in the interview Mars.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't think we win this one. But like always I know i'll somehow find myself watching it hoping we can pull off a win and turn the season around. I honestly have no idea what Roy is thinking anymore. Thanks for sharing what you heard in the interview Mars.

I watch because its going be along ass time between April and October for Avalanche hockey. Good or bad I watch. Also, we wont win tonight. 4-1 Rangers.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I watch because its going be along ass time between April and October for Avalanche hockey. Good or bad I watch. Also, we wont win tonight. 4-1 Rangers.

Hahaha I almost turned the game off against the Islanders but then I was like "what else am i going to do?"
I just paid over $200 for centre ice so I can watch these clowns play. I may as well watch it.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Hahaha I almost turned the game off against the Islanders but then I was like "what else am i going to do?"
I just paid over $200 for centre ice so I can watch these clowns play. I may as well watch it.

Same here. Even during the Sacco era I would only miss a handful of games. I usually have something else planned thats fun AFTER an Avs game in case they piss me off. Its usually Jack Daniels and hookers.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Same here as well. :laugh:

The 3rd Period of the Flyers game gave me the inspiration to watch the third period of the Islanders game too.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Same here. :laugh: My mom pays mine for my Christmas present every year. It's like a soap opera- you have to watch all the episodes to know what is going on.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The only time these guys seem to score in bunches is when the goaltender is either having an off night or just plain sucks. Otherwise, the Avs are basically living in their own end of the ice.

I wish I had high hopes for this but I think Vigneault is going to absolutely MURDER that MacKinnon/McFannedonit/McHealthyscratch line. He's an absolute master of matchups and tactics. I'm still in awe at how he sent a bunch of guys to surround but not touch Ryan O'Byrne whenever he got the puck and in turn completely shut down the Avs' ability to break out of their own zone. And what's more, he's got home ice advantage. If Guenin or Holden are out at the same time (a distinct possibility), well, I just won't go there yet.

Long story short I think Vigneault is gonna show Roy how an experienced, in-tune coach does his thing, and the Avs are going to be flailing most of the night. I know Henrik has been less than stellar so far this year, but I don't think he'll have to be all that great to ward off the Avs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The only time these guys seem to score in bunches is when the goaltender is either having an off night or just plain sucks. Otherwise, the Avs are basically living in their own end of the ice.

I wish I had high hopes for this but I think Vigneault is going to absolutely MURDER that MacKinnon/McFannedonit/McHealthyscratch line. He's an absolute master of matchups and tactics. I'm still in awe at how he sent a bunch of guys to surround but not touch Ryan O'Byrne whenever he got the puck and in turn completely shut down the Avs' ability to break out of their own zone. And what's more, he's got home ice advantage. If Guenin or Holden are out at the same time (a distinct possibility), well, I just won't go there yet.

Long story short I think Vigneault is gonna show Roy how an experienced, in-tune coach does his thing, and the Avs are going to be flailing most of the night. I know Henrik has been less than stellar so far this year, but I don't think he'll have to be all that great to ward off the Avs.

Lol and Ryan O'Byrne is Nick Lidstrom in terms of moving the puck when compared to Nate Guenin... Yikes. Holden will do his usual, have the puck, have his head down not looking for anyone, and rifle it at an angle off the boards hoping someone gets to it

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Effort, heart, skill and a will to win at any cost. All traits this team dont have. Forsberg played with bad feet for so long but you couldnt tell. Landeskog gets a cuticle mishap and plays like hes got ebola.

Man does Landy get a lot of flack. I get criticizing his production this year, it's not where it needs to be, but it's not like the kid doesn't have heart and won't play through pain.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man does Landy get a lot of flack. I get criticizing his production this year, it's not where it needs to be, but it's not like the kid doesn't have heart and won't play through pain.

He most likely is playing through pain right now with the way he's played all season. Granted, he'll never be Peter Forsberg, but that's because Forsberg is one of a kind in the history of this game.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just buy that one hockey streaming site and you have many more options for what to watch ;)

I'm spoiled and need to see it in HD on a 60 inch with the ability to pause and rewind :laugh:
I also don't like watching things from a computer screen.

member 116861

I'm spoiled and need to see it in HD on a 60 inch with the ability to pause and rewind :laugh:

Don't you have an HDMI cable? I use to watch on my TV but my new speakers for my computer are so awesome so I watch on my laptop now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

You can stream live and watch the DVR recordings on your TV with Gamecenter and Hockeystreams, if you have a Roku or Apple TV.

I can't comment on the picture quality compared to center ice via cable though. I know it's close, I just don't know first hand how close.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I had gamecentre one year and it was fine but was about 30 seconds delayed and though the quality was good, it doesn't compare to the hd quality of a regular television provider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad