GDT: Game 17: Coyotes @ Red Wings - 5:30 PM - FSAZ

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Swap around Panik and something like 3rd for Sprong

Maybe littlebit more than a 3rd, but i imagine that Sprong's value ain't that high
If we get Sprong, you get some fans from the Netherlands :D

We got stomped today, but we learned a lot from it.
So maybe we can use that experience to play better in the long run.

Does anyvody know when rantaa is coming back?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Was just going to ask how bad was playing. So the Coyotes suck again, eh?

Really hope against hope this team can be competitive but I look at the roster and wonder where all the talent went with all the high picks.

Sigh. It is tough being a fan of this team.

There is a lot of parity in this league. There is only three or four top teams and then the rest are bunched up. It's hard to win in this league and even harder to win in a rebuild. We are getting there slowly but surely and what we are lacking is consistency from some of the kids. I think we will be in the mix all year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chychrun looked good. Kuemper looked like a modern day Mike Smith.

Just your typical invisible passengers game. We need Raanta back in a bad way.

Chick was rusty which was expected, but he skated well. Like you said, way to many passengers.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Absolute shit show of a game. Reeked of not being prepared to battle. Detroit out worked the Yotes all around and the Yotes kept making mistakes. Lot of players looked like garbage, imo. Needed a bus on the ice for all the passengers in this one.

Well, as stated above... flush this game where it belongs and remember how embarrassing this is so it doesn't happen again.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Yeah, that was a tough game to be at, as a Coyotes fan - not much to cheer for....even when Crouse scored, all I could do was raise my arm. They didn't deserve both raised.

Kuemper caused me to say WTF several times with his puck playing abilites.
And as soon as I saw Connauton fall down in his failed rush, I knew that was going to turn into a Detroit goal.
Keller needs to get out of this funk - he looks like he's making something happen, but nothing is really happening.....

That being said, the call on OEL for slashing = BS. It was simple stick on stick play.
AZ didn't have the refs in their pocket at first.

In any event, forget this game and move on.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Absolute **** show of a game. Reeked of not being prepared to battle. Detroit out worked the Yotes all around and the Yotes kept making mistakes. Lot of players looked like garbage, imo. Needed a bus on the ice for all the passengers in this one.

Well, as stated above... flush this game where it belongs and remember how embarrassing this is so it doesn't happen again.

It's like the Caps underestimated us, then we go and do the same thing to Detroit.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Oh **** we have a 5 on 3. Here comes a Detroit shorty to really rub it in :laugh:

The last time the Coyotes scored on a 5 on 3 power play was Feb 2nd, 2017, against Chicago (1 year, 9 months, 12 days, and counting). OEL scored the goal. On the ice was Hanzal, Vrbata, Domi, Stone and Smith. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
The last time the Coyotes scored on a 5 on 3 power play was Feb 2nd, 2017, against Chicago (1 year, 9 months, 12 days, and counting). OEL scored the goal. On the ice was Hanzal, Vrbata, Domi, Stone and Smith. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Sounds like the guy running the PP's is doing a fantastic job! Definitely should keep him running that for as long as we possibly can.

Sarcasm aside, that's absolutely awful and inexcusable for a professional team, haha.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
This team doesn't have nearly enough talent to coast like they have been. That winning streak where we got a ton of favorable bounces got their confidence way too high. Players to focused on north and south play and incapable of using the entire ice surface.

Reactions: CLW

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sorry gang..... was dealing with a domestic issue and wasn't online much...... but did watch most of the game and this game was a definitive.....

tenor.gif

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
The offense feels too one-dimensional. It's all about passing the puck around, cycling along the boards and whatnot, that we're not actually too bad at, but it doesn't amount to anything other than getting it back to a defenseman, mostly OEL, for a shot. Other teams are defending that more strongly and the shots are harder to get through. There's no other threat it seems like and when it looks like some one has a chance to shoot they delay and end up passing up a prime opportunity, or they just delay too long and it's turnover time. I hope it's more that the young players just need a bit more experience in making their decisions quicker because it sure looks like they're passing up great shot opportunities in favor of relying on a defenseman to put it on net.

Acquiring a legitimate goal scorer might do wonders for the offense, not just because of the raw numbers that one player could put up.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
It's like the Caps underestimated us, then we go and do the same thing to Detroit.
Made me laugh.
As if we have the right to underestimate Detroit.
Detroit just cuffed us like a little child.
could a Stanley cup champion team underestimate us? Hell ya.
But we are bottom dwellers, maybe Detroit is even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad