GDT: Game 17: Coyotes @ Red Wings - 5:30 PM - FSAZ

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I don’t know if people feel pity on the goalie, but speaking from experience I’ve played goalie for 7 years and sometimes you need to be on your toes. You are a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE FOR GOD SAKES!!! Sometimes you need to put the team on your back and carry them. There have been backups that have kicked our butts this season and took over the game. So now I ask you......does that sound like something DARCY KUEMPER can do?

He literally did it two days ago, against the Cup champs, no less. He's inconsistent as hell, but this entire team is full of inconsistent players.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I truly dont understand how Panik keeps getting top minutes.

If he's literally only effective with your best players, he's probably not a good fit. You can't just force someone into a player by throwing him on your top line every night. Dude has 9 lives for some reason. Trade his ass. Connauton can go too

RABBIT

It's weird af how Tocc is treating it. He either has to be a 1st line winger, or he's a healthy scratch. There's no middle ground.

He's either being advertised or they're trying to do their best with asset management but focusing solely on one player. There has to be a middle ground, he cannot anchor your top line if he's going to be scratched multiple times this season

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I am watching the Detroit broadcast. The prolific Coyotes PK was mentioned a few minutes ago. A stat was mentioned and unless I heard Ken Daniels incorrectly he said the Coyotes currently have the best PK goal +/- in NHL history.

Reactions: Mosby

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
He's either being advertised or they're trying to do their best with asset management but focusing solely on one player. There has to be a middle ground, he cannot anchor your top line if he's going to be scratched multiple times this season

I reckon he's real lucky, he spends 99% of his games floating around completely invisible, yet he'll usually score out of nowhere and earn himself another 5 games. He's waiver fodder imo, but Chayka might work some magic. Package him with KConn or Demers, get some scraps for them :laugh:

RABBIT

I reckon he's real lucky, he spends 99% of his games floating around completely invisible, yet he'll usually score out of nowhere and earn himself another 5 games. He's waiver fodder imo, but Chayka might work some magic. Package him with KConn or Demers, get some scraps for them :laugh:

I woukd love to see Panik and KConn packaged with maybe a 4th or 5th for someone that needs a change of scenery. Like Sprong, but less coveted. Sprong probably too expensive, but you catch my drift.

Reactions: Muppet

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Also must say it hurts to see all the empty seats in "Hockeytown". City of Detroit is falling, all of it, isn't it.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Kuempers statistics gets blown. Unfair IMHO, even if he looked a bit uncertain in the start, 5 goals on 17 shots is massively misleading.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I am watching the Detroit broadcast. The prolific Coyotes PK was mentioned a few minutes ago. A stat was mentioned and unless I heard Ken Daniels incorrectly he said the Coyotes currently have the best PK goal +/- in NHL history.

This is correct.

Edit: che beat me to it.

GSMC Goat

Oct 7, 2017
Chicago,IL
He literally did it two days ago, against the Cup champs, no less. He's inconsistent as hell, but this entire team is full of inconsistent players.
So why did Hammer get the belt instead of him. They played a FULL TEAM GAME!!! So, putting the team on his back.........NO!!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Kuempers statistics gets blown. Unfair IMHO, even if he looked a bit uncertain in the start, 5 goals on 17 shots is massively misleading.
Was just going to ask how bad was playing. So the Coyotes suck again, eh?

Really hope against hope this team can be competitive but I look at the roster and wonder where all the talent went with all the high picks.

Sigh. It is tough being a fan of this team.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Was just going to ask how bad was playing. So the Coyotes suck again, eh?

Really hope against hope this team can be competitive but I look at the roster and wonder where all the talent went with all the high picks.

Sigh. It is tough being a fan of this team.

In half an hour the advise should be: forget this game. Just forget it.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
And suddenly Detroit is playing excellent hockey. They were supposed to be a lottery team, weren't they? Just like the Canucks.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Oh, it was another Detroit-goal. I just thought it was a replay.

And you can't shoot the puck when they want to give you a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad