GDT: Game 17 - Blue Jackets at Hurricanes - 2/15 7:00 pm

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The coach usually falls before the GM. He's the next domino in line; I like Torts but am under no illusion that anyone else before him is going. This team looks disjointed and listless. We might have 1 line click a game but that's not nearly enough.
We’re not out of the play offs race and even tonight there were some good looks. No way he’s gone after this

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Trade the farm for Eichel. Trade it all. Team isn’t going anywhere without a play driving center.

Reactions: Hazard78

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
We’re not out of the play offs race and even tonight there were some good looks. No way he’s gone after this

So what we want to do is wait until we’re completely out of the picture before making a move...got it. Look I’ve defended Torts for a while but this team needs a new voice. Sometimes a change is needed just to get guys attention

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
So what we want to do is wait until we’re completely out of the picture before making a move...got it. Look I’ve defended Torts for a while but this team needs a new voice. Sometimes a change is needed just to get guys attention
Yes. Torts deserves a full season regardless of how it goes. He’s got this team to post season even after worse circumstances

Reactions: hn777 and Ippenator

60ntheville

Feb 2, 2021
Granville Oh
Texier paying the Foglino tax tonight. Torts’ strategy of one skilled guy with two grinders is playing out predictably.

Every other player on this team gets their ass glued to the bench when they screw up. Foligno loses the game for us last game and hes second of all skaters in playing time.

I totally agree with the second paragraph written. That mistake last game was awful. Hold everyone to the same standards please or get rid of said standards.

Reactions: hn777 and thebus88

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I ask again, who, except Laine and maybe Bjorkstrand with Domi would play in TOP 6, for example, Carolina?

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Again, I really like the structure Torts brought this team. I like him as a coach. We've played 16 games and our main competitors are at 12 or 13 games played and either have as many points as we do or more. We are tied with Chicago (projected bottom-feeder on a self-confessed rebuild).

The "accountability" that I appreciate Torts preaching seems lost when people like Foligno and Jenner get large amounts of ice-time despite their weaknesses on both ends of the ice. Foligno with horrifying passing and a turnover machine yet out there at key points of the game undermines what Torts preaches and the team as a whole.

We've had 4 of 16 games (25%) where the opponent has been allowed at least 5 goals (a lot, even by today's standards). Defense was supposed to be our saving grace.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Yes. Torts deserves a full season regardless of how it goes. He’s got this team to post season even after worse circumstances

If Jarmo truly believes this is a “contending” team how could he let him stick around “regardless of how it goes”?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad