GDT: GAME 17: Avalanche @ Oilers - Signs of the Av-pocalypse

Is it time to panic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
After the last 2 weeks I’d almost forgotten what winning felt like haha. Hopefully that victory swings the momentum pendulum back in a positive direction for this team.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Great team W tonight. This game was needed from Barrie. Hopefully this gets him going. I thought Cole and Soda looked really good too. Big line was good but MacK had quite a few bobbles. Landy had that bad penalty late in the game but all in all solid game from top to bottom.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Like I said this was a slam dunk win even before the puck dropped.

Edmonton was just as bad as I thought.

If that scrub who calls himself Leon Draisaitl is worth 8,5mil then a guy called Mikko Rantanen is worth 10,5mil easily.

Back to winning, feels nice.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
A win? What? In Edmonton? Varly? Wins in Edmonton? Well played game by the Avs and a terrible putrid effort by the Oilers. Varly was huge when he needed to be. That save on Leon was the game changer. The big guys came up big tonight. Landy, Barrie, Rantanen were all good. Mackinnon was just meh to me and at times frustrating to watch. Girard is beaut. Having said all that I feel like Soderberg was the best player tonight on either side and on both sides of the ice. Just a tremendous work ethic tonight from him. We have about 4 Matt Nietos on this team and that needs to change. Colin Wilson is annoying as f*** to watch. Great night for me.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So where are all the we're the worst team in the league posters tonight?

This team isn't as bad as people around here want you to believe. When they play their game they're fine. It's when they don't skate, they get their butt's kicked.

They're a young team that's going to have to learn that you have to play your game every night.

Nice win tonight, hopefully it will push them into some more consistent play moving forward.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Also Kamenev quietly had a nice night. Seems like he's been getting better every game, hopefully he sticks around when guys start coming back from injury because I really think he could be a piece for us going forward.

Yeah I think the NHL speed is starting to click for him, and hes pushing the play a lot more than reacting. Hes been good on the wall too in his battles, but he still has some work to do on the cycle. Hes not playing with skilled enough guys who are going to pull it off the wall and feed him consistently. Hes got to get in there and support more IMO. Hes getting better at the PK too IMO. If he can play both units, and be a go to FO guy then I think he'll make it very difficult for Bednar to find an excuse to pull him out when Compher and Ghetto get healthy.

This team without Dries, Borq, and Neato as regulars all at the same time would be nice.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

This team isn't as bad as people around here want you to believe. When they play their game they're fine. It's when they don't skate, they get their butt's kicked.

They're a young team that's going to have to learn that you have to play your game every night.

Nice win tonight, hopefully it will push them into some more consistent play moving forward.
Yah those people were nuts. We are knowhere near as bad as Detroit haha. It was a solid win for us but the Oilers where terribad tonight. Like horrid. This might have been the most complete game top to bottom for us all season.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Also Kamenev quietly had a nice night. Seems like he's been getting better every game, hopefully he sticks around when guys start coming back from injury because I really think he could be a piece for us going forward.
Yawn... Kamenev is ok at best. Not something to excited about.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A win? What? In Edmonton? Varly? Wins in Edmonton? Well played game by the Avs and a terrible putrid effort by the Oilers. Varly was huge when he needed to be. That save on Leon was the game changer. The big guys came up big tonight. Landy, Barrie, Rantanen were all good. Mackinnon was just meh to me and at times frustrating to watch. Girard is beaut. Having said all that I feel like Soderberg was the best player tonight on either side and on both sides of the ice. Just a tremendous work ethic tonight from him. We have about 4 Matt Nietos on this team and that needs to change. Colin Wilson is annoying as **** to watch. Great night for me.
I think Wilson gets far too much hate, but he was in clown shoes today - terrible game from him. Also, Draisaitl had a pretty horrible game, but besides one rush in the 1st where Zadorov played McDavid perfectly nobody on the Oilers was good except for Larsson and Klefbom. Their entire goal came off a sequence from a stupid turnover by Dries.

Also the Rogers Arena or Place, whatever it's called was as quiet as a morgue today.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Haha Varly saw my post and wanted to show me up. I deserve an assist for the win tonight but ill take 4 beers instead.

Nice negative Calgary posts daring them to prove you wrong. That's usually my strategy because I'm wrong so much on predictions lol.

I couldn't like them, but way to show your ass for the good of the team. :clap:

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Nice to see Barrie have a dominant game, also thought Zadorov had a decent game as well as Girard.

I personally gotta eat some crow on the Cole signing; I thought we way over paid for a 4/5, but he’s been a stud for us and brings a perfect calming presence back there.

Glad Kam is keeping up his play, maybe we’ll move him to center on the second line. Wishful thinking, but a line of:
Jost-Kamenev-Kerfoot
could possibly do a Bitcoin of damage and I’d be also excited for:
Kerfoot-Kamenev-Ghetto
Jost-Sodaberg-Compher
Nieto-Wilson-Calvert

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Couldn't watch the 3rd cos of a combination of how the last two weeks went but I still had some confidence because my gosh does Edmonton suck. Like if a team ever needs to be desperately calling Queneville, it's them.

Our dmen were awesome in the first two though, so many good blocks and blocking passing lanes.

I think we should keep Varlamov.

Change my mind.

Don't need to.

His groin...I'll wait.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
You get a pass for predicting a win, but you're really annoyingly negative at times.
Not negative just seeing things as they are. For example Kamenev I hope all the best for the guy. But he had no real impact tonight and he will have zero impact when we will be a cup contender someday because he's not good enough for that team.

Our bottom 9 is so ridicously bad that it's easy to look goodish.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Relax it’s the oilers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad