GDT: Game #16: St. Louis Blues vs. Phoenix Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimtheDJ84*

Blues should have buried Phoenix way before this. This is just like years past, all the chances and no finish.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I can't blame Jaro for that one. A slapper that was deflected on the way. Sure he could've made the stop, but I don't see that as a routine save.

The game is entirely on our lack of finish. We had numerous glorious chances and didn't bury it. Smith deserves some credit, but we still should've found a way to bury more than 2.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues may have had a point stolen from them, but damn the Blues are good, real good. I'm happy with how they played. Completely dominated

illninofan*

Berglund finally hit the net! :yo:

...too bad it was ours. :help: :banghead: :soap:

And yeah, if Berglund were traded tommorrow, negative ****s would be given.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
So now I feel like we have lack of offense still.... so much defense but the offense is just lacking in finishes. Oh well.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The Blues may have had a point stolen from them, but damn the Blues are good, real good. I'm happy with how they played. Completely dominated

No point dominating if we can't finish. This will always be our problem.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
According to the post game show, OEL proved he's going to be an elite player in the league tonight....I thought he was average at best.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Completely agree but there were some issues with finishing our chances last year and it would be nice not to see them creep up. I understand it's Mike Smith but you still have to finish.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
According to the post game show, OEL proved he's going to be an elite player in the league tonight....I thought he was average at best.

His defensive zone play was a little lackluster, but he's been good in other games I've seen. Although, I'm not sure what he was doing when Shattenkirk just walked around him, didn't even make an effort to stop him.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
I'm about done with Berglund. It's not even about OT, he's played decent but that's all he is..is decent.

When Berglund is hot, he's a solid 2nd line center. The other 96% of the times he's an adequate 3rd center. I just don't know what he brings.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Wow, Jaro looked like a big steaming turd in comparison to Smith.

Smith 39 total shots against, 37 saves, 2 goals allowed. Halak on 19 total shots against, comes up with a whopping 16 saves 3 goals allowed.

Our 5 outplayed their 5 big time, but their goalie made our goalie his *****.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I can't blame Jaro for that one. A slapper that was deflected on the way. Sure he could've made the stop, but I don't see that as a routine save.

The game is entirely on our lack of finish. We had numerous glorious chances and didn't bury it. Smith deserves some credit, but we still should've found a way to bury more than 2.

Deflected on the way? Berglund redirects it about 15 feet inside the blue line which is more than enough time for Jaro to adjust. He didn't appear to find the puck despite not being screened and his glove is where it always is, at his side instead of up high. This should be a save.

That said, I don't hang the game on him. It just sucks to lose on a shot that could have been saved.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Smith 39 total shots against, 37 saves, 2 goals allowed. Halak on 19 total shots against, comes up with a whopping 16 saves 3 goals allowed.

To be fair one of the goals was a 2 on 1 and I believe Halak was screened pretty heavily on the first goal.

I still think we lost this game because of our lack of finishing. Not Halak.

LOLKarlsson*

Man, the team Canada selection committee would be just stupid not to have Jbo and Petro as a pairing.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

You realize he only made 16 saves because only 19 shots got to him right? We were in their zone for the majority of the game, of course Halak isn't going to have a lot of saves, the pucks not even in our own zone. What an ignorant comment, I don't see how you can fault how many saves Halak made when he hardly saw any pucks come at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad